M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Dechert rejection post-app. That marks the end of my VS cycle:

17 applications
    5 Video Interviews
    3 ACs
    3 VS

Just want to say a massive thank you to everybody on this forum for being so welcoming, supportive and helpful. It really makes this process a lot easier/more enjoyable.

Seth Rogen Win GIF by Desus & Mero

Three vacs is phenomenal! Congrats and best of luck for them! Hope you convert all three and have your pick of TCs! ;)

jd3447

Star Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    I guess they said no to me as I am not an undergraduate right now. So they decided to withdraw me, but if I am still interested in starting in 2023 then I was asked to reply to them. As a result I assumed I will be considered for a TC only, but not eligible for a Summer VS. I am a bit confused actually.
    Think we all got this same wording in the email. I replied saying I was still intending to pursue a TC in 2023, and just got an email with the research questions confirming that I am still being considered for the summer vacation scheme (ie not direct TC) . Hope this helps :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Does anyone know if firms that give you a days notice for interview are usually chill about moving the date if you are unavailable the next day? Because that’s pretty short notice
    I'd call them up and try and rearrange and yes in my experience it's very easy to change an interview day if you are unavailable

Reactions: Grace_winter9

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone know if firms that give you a days notice for interview are usually chill about moving the date if you are unavailable the next day? Because that’s pretty short notice
    It’s going to depend on the firm and the situation. They may only have that interview slot available, and therefore might not be able to offer you a later date.

no harm in asking though, although given the timeframes you’ll need to call them rather than rely on email.

l0133

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 14, 2020
    Think we all got this same wording in the email. I replied saying I was still intending to pursue a TC in 2023, and just got an email with the research questions confirming that I am still being considered for the summer vacation scheme (ie not direct TC) . Hope this helps :)
    I had the same email and same response re the research questions so definitely agree, think it was a default approach :)

Reactions: OB and jd3447

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Travers Smith VS offer!!! Now that I'm at the end of my application cycle, this is my summary of events:
    11 applications
    5 progressions to next stages
    3 interviews/ACs
    2 offers
    My profession to interview/AC and two offers literally came within the last 2 weeks...I had given up on this cycle and was planning for the next. Just goes to show that it's not over till it's actually over.
    Congratulations - I'm made up for those of you who received offers. :)

• 🏆
    • 🤝
    Reactions: collie_121 and Kubed

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Dechert rejection post-app. That marks the end of my VS cycle:

17 applications
    5 Video Interviews
    3 ACs
    3 VS

Just want to say a massive thank you to everybody on this forum for being so welcoming, supportive and helpful. It really makes this process a lot easier/more enjoyable.

Seth Rogen Win GIF by Desus & Mero
    Wow 3 offers from 3 AC's is a really awesome conversion rate - well done!
    Are they scheduled for different weeks or are you going to have to make some tough choices?

• Love
    Reactions: Lawyer101

jd3447

Star Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    I had the same email and same response re the research questions so definitely agree, think it was a default approach :)
    Honestly I’m just laughing because they obviously thought that they’d automatically rid themselves of hundreds of apps by withdrawing us, and yet we’ve all replied basically rejecting their rejection - bet they regret giving us the option to ‘explain our circumstances’ 😅

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Honestly I’m just laughing because they obviously thought that they’d automatically rid themselves of hundreds of apps by withdrawing us, and yet we’ve all replied basically rejecting their rejection - bet they regret giving us the option to ‘explain our circumstances’ 😅

I never received this email at all. I think I may have applied sufficiently early that they didn't feel the need to send one.

Either way, I expect there will be some sort of Clifford Chance-style restriction or an online test from next year now lol.

Reactions: jd3447

Lawyer101

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 30, 2020
    Three vacs is phenomenal! Congrats and best of luck for them! Hope you convert all three and have your pick of TCs! ;)
    Thank you so much! Fingers crossed haha 😁
    Wow 3 offers from 3 AC's is a really awesome conversion rate - well done!
    Are they scheduled for different weeks or are you going to have to make some tough choices?
    Thank you! I've got one next month, one in June and one in July! 😁

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.