2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiredPG

Star Member
Forum Winner
Jan 6, 2021
Wanted to find out what people prefer using Financial times or The Economist. I am finding that the student financial times is good but yet still restrictive - as it shows you the majority of the news articles, however, does not allow full access to all of the articles. Any other suggestions other than the usual BBC news, CNN, Bloomberg, general browsing of firms and news.
I think you only really miss out on M&A coverage and their Lex column on the standard student subscription. Unis tend to have enterprise subscriptions which include the premium content. My uni has a subscription but does not advertise it anywhere, I literally just found the link by googling.

A

Anon 11031

I think you only really miss out on M&A coverage and their Lex column on the standard student subscription. Unis tend to have enterprise subscriptions which include the premium content. My uni has a subscription but does not advertise it anywhere, I literally just found the link by googling.
Yeah, I think mine was on my uni's library department page - it might be worth reaching out to them as they often handle resources and subscriptions!

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
Ah I don’t know how I completely missed that sentence! I did mine about a week ago and it was actually a really nice WG btw
oh really 🥺 this firm just looks like the nicest firm like lots of opportunity on the app form to talk about us, a cute lil touch of wishing us a good easter weekend and a nice WG. or maybe I'm just overly touched by these things now given how traumatising this application season has been 😂

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    oh really 🥺 this firm just looks like the nicest firm like lots of opportunity on the app form to talk about us, a cute lil touch of wishing us a good easter weekend and a nice WG. or maybe I'm just overly touched by these things now given how traumatising this application season has been 😂
    Yeah I must admit they've been excellent in my opinion - I am aware some people did not have the best experience last cycle with them - that being said the deadline for my WG was 23rd - and on the 26th I had a follow up email managing my expectations and explaining I should hear back by the end of this week. I think it's been handled very professionally.

• Love
    Reactions: jan28

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    Yeah I must admit they've been excellent in my opinion - I am aware some people did not have the best experience last cycle with them - that being said the deadline for my WG was 23rd - and on the 26th I had a follow up email managing my expectations and explaining I should hear back by the end of this week. I think it's been handled very professionally.
    Aw I love that. Hope you get good news !!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Bakers says they're huge on diversity, but I cant see anything on disability networks on their site... Does anyone have any info/experience on what they're like for disability?

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Irwin Mitchell PFO for BLS London. All that time spent on all those questions!

Happy Jennifer Lopez GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Bakers says they're huge on diversity, but I cant see anything on disability networks on their site... Does anyone have any info/experience on what they're like for disability?
    Their wellbeing group is related to disability. There is not much on their website but I searched it in google and found articles or reports about it.

Reactions: Celestie and Dheepa
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.