2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

law89

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Its probably a lot of pages ago now but I’m fairly sure someone on here was in contact with GR and they said everyone was given a VI (unsure if it was benchmarked and thats how the apps were used but I think they said it was everyone). Its their first year doing it so maybe they didn’t realise how much work it’d be? 😂
Ah okay! Haha yeah I can imagine that might be the case if everyone did one! :) I just heard back btw! Hope you hear back with good news too ☺️

Reactions: CharlotteLegal

CharlotteLegal

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 13, 2020
    Ah okay! Haha yeah I can imagine that might be the case if everyone did one! :) I just heard back btw! Hope you hear back with good news too ☺️
    I’m honestly doubtful bc I had very little grit according to my pillars 😂. I’ve not heard back yet but honestly it’s ok if it’s a no and I’ve had worse rejections, well done to you lovely and best of luck!! ❤️

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    TCLA is rocking with these Latham offers!

Congratuations to you all

Celebrate Yahoo GIF

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    TCLA is rocking with these Latham offers!

Congratuations to you all

Celebrate Yahoo GIF
    Definitely a significant number of TCLA-ers interviewing at Latham...

I asked a question at the end that was suggested in @Neville Birdi 's post (what would you change about the firm) and the interview told me "there must be someone online telling everyone to ask that question because its the 6th time I've heard it this week"... definitely thought I bottled it then!!

(It is a good question though lol)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018

I asked a question at the end that was suggested in @Neville Birdi 's post (what would you change about the firm) and the interview told me "there must be someone online telling everyone to ask that question because its the 6th time I've heard it this week"... definitely thought I bottled it then!!

@Neville Birdi you've been rumbled my friend ;)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

It is why your independent thought in interviews is important. Just repeating what someone else has told you to say is risky.

Reactions: Jacob Miller

casesandvases

Standard Member
    Feb 24, 2021
    Hey, I know this is for the wrong forum but I figured you guys may have been involved/applying for this open day in previous years. For Evershed Sutherland, any idea if they accept every applicant for their insight day or not? Cheers

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Today, I have received my first training contract offer (they could have chosen a day other than April Fools)

Man oh man, a tonne of weight is off my shoulders. No more applications, open days, competencies, nonsense grad rec, "when did you apply", weekends spent prepping
    Oh my god!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Wow!!!!! Have the best weekend ever!!!!

• Love
    Reactions: FM302989

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Today, I have received my first training contract offer (they could have chosen a day other than April Fools)

Man oh man, a tonne of weight is off my shoulders. No more applications, open days, competencies, nonsense grad rec, "when did you apply", weekends spent prepping
    “Nonsense grad rec”

Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

In all seriousness, congratulations 🥳

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018

Huge congrats that's fantastic news! Be honest, how many times did you ask if this was an April Fools' joke? 😂 Which firm is it if you don't mind me asking?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.