2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FM302989

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    Oh. So like one of those ones where you have 60 seconds to think and 60-90 to answer? I asked to move to the 2022 cohort and they’re hoping to do that last stage in person, but this is interesting info
    Yeah that's the one.

Think this is a temporary stage and may not crop up next year. Anything is better than those sweaty tests - the best cardio workout I've had all year

• 🤝
    • Haha
    Reactions: Veep9 and LawGrad2019

Georgina Evans

Valued Member
  • Jul 25, 2019
    Fox Williams have (finally) clarified what the last stage of their application process is... a recorded video interview due by Monday morning

I'm kinda sorta extremely busy this weekend. Why didn't they tell us sooner?
    Hey, do you mind me asking when you got this email?
    I had the email confirming I got through to the final stage but haven't had anything since 😲

Reactions: SamTam99

erose98

Standard Member
    Feb 6, 2021
    Hi all, I was just wondering if it's normal for a firm to offer you a VS and then not confirm it in writing yet? They offered me the scheme almost three weeks ago and I'm wondering whether it's worth emailing?

SamTam99

Legendary Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Fox Williams have (finally) clarified what the last stage of their application process is... a recorded video interview due by Monday morning

I'm kinda sorta extremely busy this weekend. Why didn't they tell us sooner?
    I haven’t even had this email yet, I’ve only got the last email letting me know that I’d passed the tests 😭

Wow that is short notice, I’m SO busy this weekend too, don’t know when I’ll find the time!

Reactions: Georgina Evans

FM302989

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    Hey, do you mind me asking when you got this email?
    I had the email confirming I got through to the final stage but haven't had anything since 😲
    I haven’t even had this email yet, I’ve only got the last email letting me know that I’d passed the tests 😭

Wow that is short notice, I’m SO busy this weekend too, don’t know when I’ll find the time!
    So I received the email at 10:00. Funnily enough, it said the link to the video call site would be with me before midday, yet I haven't received it yet

SamTam99

Legendary Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    So I received the email at 10:00. Funnily enough, it said the link to the video call site would be with me before midday, yet I haven't received it yet
    Still haven’t received anything, how bizarre.

I’m so confused because didn’t they say they were pausing the recruitment process for a month in the hopes of having us in the office late May/early June? This is such a drastic u turn

FM302989

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    Still haven’t received anything, how bizarre.

I’m so confused because didn’t they say they were pausing the recruitment process for a month in the hopes of having us in the office late May/early June? This is such a drastic u turn
    Are you available to start September 2021? That may be why as that's the title of my video link

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Haha! I'd probably say that most people who thrive in private client enjoyed Trusts at undergrad/GDL, but I could be wrong about that.

Absolutely - other notable firms include Withers, Mishcon, Forsters plus some other underrated ones like Mills & Reeve! My TC is with CRS :)
    Haha tbf that would make sense given how academic the practice area is - CRS is a great firm so very well done :D Hope you're able to celebrate in the sunshine this weekend!

• Love
    Reactions: LawGrad2019

Jammo58

Star Member
    Oct 1, 2020
    I haven't heard from Orrick since WG - submitted by WG on 22/03. They're most recent email suggested we'd hear back before the end of this week but then again, they've said that before then postponed so not entirely sure.
    Still waiting here too. Could be today... eeek! I'm anticipating that if successful, interviews could be as soon as next week. After all, the scheme is supposed to be running as early as June/July.. Either way they're cutting it pretty darn close!

Reactions: LS12

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Still waiting here too. Could be today... eeek! I'm anticipating that if successful, interviews could be as soon as next week. After all, the scheme is supposed to be running as early as June/July.. Either way they're cutting it pretty darn close!
    I really hope it's not the tightest turn around, I work full time and whilst my boss understands I'm applying I'm not sure how kindly they would take to me booking time off super last minute.

Reactions: JoNo and Jammo58

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all, I was just wondering if it's normal for a firm to offer you a VS and then not confirm it in writing yet? They offered me the scheme almost three weeks ago and I'm wondering whether it's worth emailing?
    Three weeks isn’t a long time at this time of year. Give them a call Tuesday/Wednesday if you haven’t heard by then

Jammo58

Star Member
    Oct 1, 2020
    I really hope it's not the tightest turn around, I work full time and whilst my boss understands I'm applying I'm not sure how kindly they would take to me booking time off super last minute.
    Same here.. I've only recently started in this role and not sure if I've even accrued enough holiday to take 2 weeks off (I'll have to try unpaid leave), let alone whether they'll appreciate me abanadoning them with such short notice.. Then again, knowing my luck so far I probably won't even get through anyway so no point getting stressed yet I guess :')

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.