2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Im just waiting for Travers to send a rejection, would be nice if they sent it soon ahahhaha
    I am in the same position like I email grad recruitment on Friday and they said that they will be emailing us on Friday evening about application outcome but I think they didn't want to send out rejections on Friday evening so maybe an email will come out today.

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
    May 5, 2020
    Is anyone else applying to Gowling WLG? They have a section asking the following:

You can use this section to upload any documents that you feel are relevant to your application (e.g. references, transcripts, etc.). Please note this is not mandatory.

Would a CV be appropriate here? Should I obtain a reference and how long should it be? Should I upload both my university and GDL transcript?

Would love to know how other have tackled this!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Does anyone have any recommendations for the WG?
    For some reason, I cannot seem to hack it (despite doing well in practice tests). So odd considering my degree is basically critical reasoning as its main skill. :( Apart from practice tests, any good websites?

FC

Star Member
  • Jan 27, 2020
    Does anyone know when the BCLP test needs to be completed? In my email from grad rec, they say five days from receipt of their email, but when I click on the link to do the test, it says the deadline is seven days.

I have emailed grad rec but haven't had a response, so if someone could clarify that would be great :)

lawgirl1234

Star Member
    Oct 20, 2020
    Does anyone know when the BCLP test needs to be completed? In my email from grad rec, they say five days from receipt of their email, but when I click on the link to do the test, it says the deadline is seven days.

I have emailed grad rec but haven't had a response, so if someone could clarify that would be great :)

Thank you for this as it just made me go and check! My email says five days from receipt of the email and that my deadline is Thursday 3rd Dec. I received the email on Thursday so that'd give me a week? Very confused and stressed that it needs to be done by tomorrow now!

FC

Star Member
  • Jan 27, 2020
    Thank you for this as it's just made me go and check! My email says five days from receipt of the email and that my deadline is Thursday 3rd Dec. I received the email on Thursday so that'd give me a week? Very confused and stressed that it needs to be done by tomorrow now!

Exactly the same for me. I was planning to prepare until the last possible day, so its annoying that my prep might be cut short now!

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    For some reason, I cannot seem to hack it (despite doing well in practice tests). So odd considering my degree is basically critical reasoning as its main skill. :( Apart from practice tests, any good websites?

I think for the WGT, you need to be instinctive. I personally find all of them tips very unhelpful & confusing for me. I would read the instructions for that particular test, and answer it how you would. Try and do this on the Clifford Chance test and see what you get, it'll also tell you what your weakest parts will be.

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    Thank you for this as it just made me go and check! My email says five days from receipt of the email and that my deadline is Thursday 3rd Dec. I received the email on Thursday so that'd give me a week? Very confused and stressed that it needs to be done by tomorrow now!
    it might be working days! 7 days is 5 working days

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I think there is a difference between 5 WORKING days and 5 actual days for them perhaps?

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    The Lawyer Portal has a nice practice test which explains the reasons why a certain answer is correct or incorrect. But also just reading the intro for each section slowly then being instinctive helps! For me when I’ve second guessed my responses it’s when I’ve not done well!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: CallumJR
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.