2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2019
The TS version of a rejection saying they're not holding anymore interviews, but the option to reapply for the summer scheme or direct TS. What are people's thoughts on reapplying? I applied early oct so presume my app was read and wasn't what they were looking for, do I stand any chance if I reapply in this cycle? Interested to hear peoples thoughts :)
yeah i got the same email which i think is really odd, as I sent an app early oct so they can't have filled their spaces at that time so its just a rejection letter that they've sugar coated which almost frustrates me more than just being told that I wasn't good enough and given a straight up rejection, not sure if I want to reapply if that means i'll have to change my application as I already applied to last years TC with a similar one

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
Jun 23, 2019
The TS version of a rejection saying they're not holding anymore interviews, but the option to reapply for the summer scheme or direct TS. What are people's thoughts on reapplying? I applied early oct so presume my app was read and wasn't what they were looking for, do I stand any chance if I reapply in this cycle? Interested to hear peoples thoughts :)

I applied towards the end of October and I reckon they had nearly filled up all spaces by then. I'll be resubmitting for summer though!

smct96

Standard Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jul 2, 2020
Yeah I got this too! So I’m guessing it’s not a straight rejection as they haven’t read our applications yet ?

I know this sounds silly but I can't find how to withdraw the app on the portal! Do we email grad rec to withdraw and then submit afresh for the summer vac?

Imababysolicitor

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 9, 2019
Hey how long did it take people to hear back from Mayer Brown after receiving the feedback report? I'm worried my verbal reasoning was not strong enough to get to the next stage
Hey! I haven’t seen anyone who has heard back post tests yet only one person who has been rejected. Do you know people who have been progressed? But last year people with a mixed range of feedback got through so I wouldn’t worry too much!

• ℹ️
Reactions: Samantha

moxiebobo

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Just got invited for an interview with Jones Day this evening! This is for their summer scheme btw - got told they were asking for an academic reference a few days ago then had the interview confirmed today. Good luck to anyone else who has applied - I'm assuming the academic reference usually precedes an invite!
When did you apply?

Helpme12345

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
How realistic is it for me to be successful applying for vacation schemes at firms with a rolling deadline (Jones day, Travers Smith) only now? Should I just concentrate on those with non-rolling? Would like to apply but don’t want to waste time if they won’t even read my app

eveh1784

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hey - I got my rejection for Travers Smith this morning. They said that I can reapply for a Spring or Summer application and said that I can copy and paste my winter vacation scheme application. Do you think this means I can change/improve it or that I have to apply with the exact same cover letter etc to last time. Should I email them for clarity regarding this? Thanks guys!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How realistic is it for me to be successful applying for vacation schemes at firms with a rolling deadline (Jones day, Travers Smith) only now? Should I just concentrate on those with non-rolling? Would like to apply but don’t want to waste time if they won’t even read my app

depends when the deadline is. If it’s this week, maybe concern yourself about it. But if it’s not until the end of the month or even January, you’ll still be way ahead of the majority of applicants

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey - I got my rejection for Travers Smith this morning. They said that I can reapply for a Spring or Summer application and said that I can copy and paste my winter vacation scheme application. Do you think this means I can change/improve it or that I have to apply with the exact same cover letter etc to last time. Should I email them for clarity regarding this? Thanks guys!

you can obviously change/improve it. They are just saying you could reapply with the same application should you want to

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.