2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRW

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
How realistic is it for me to be successful applying for vacation schemes at firms with a rolling deadline (Jones day, Travers Smith) only now? Should I just concentrate on those with non-rolling? Would like to apply but don’t want to waste time if they won’t even read my app
I submitted my app for Jones Day 3 days before the winter vac scheme deadline and got an offer. It's worth sending if it's a good app you've spent time on!

TChopeful2021

Distinguished Member
Mar 21, 2020
Can I just double check whether we need to also finish our online test/WG by the application deadline?

My online test email says I have 7 days to complete the test but the application closes before that.

FC

Star Member
  • Jan 27, 2020
    Do you receive an email confirmation straight after completing the BCLP test? When I log into the portal, it says my test is still outstanding but I don't know whether it just takes a while to update?

lawgirl1234

Star Member
    Oct 20, 2020
    Do you receive an email confirmation straight after completing the BCLP test? When I log into the portal, it says my test is still outstanding but I don't know whether it just takes a while to update?

I haven't received a confirmation email but the status of it says finished and it changed to that straight after completion. Maybe give it a bit of time if not email grad rec!

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Took a while for mine to show as finished, and then got my feedback report 2 days later!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.