2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Hey I've seen on here that Linklaters place a lot of weight on the CAPP test. I've got my test results and I'm not sure what to make of it tbh, like I don't know how to interpret my results, could someone dm me to help or provide general information?

MZ

Esteemed Member
    Forum Winner
    Oct 7, 2020
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for the BCLP grad rec interview? It says on their website that they’re assessing your career motivation, commercial awareness, “legal excellence (this just means we want to understand the processes surrounding the way you work) and how you build relationships”. I’m not quite sure what to expect for those last two so if anyone has any tips on what sort of questions they might ask or how to prepare, I would really appreciate it!

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for the BCLP grad rec interview? It says on their website that they’re assessing your career motivation, commercial awareness, “legal excellence (this just means we want to understand the processes surrounding the way you work) and how you build relationships”. I’m not quite sure what to expect for those last two so if anyone has any tips on what sort of questions they might ask or how to prepare, I would really appreciate it!

Sounds like strength-based questions. So asking what you would do in certain situations etc.

Examples here: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/interview-tips/strength-based-interviews

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Congrats on getting to interview! Can I ask when you applied/did the test?

Reactions: MZ

Amy456

Esteemed Member
    Oct 5, 2020
    Hi, I have just attended the Legal Cheek Virtual Law Fair. For people waiting on Mayer Brown, Mark from Grad Rec has said that invites for the telephone interview will most likely be sent to candidates from next week onwards!

Thank you!

Feel like I've been waiting for ages.

Amy456

Esteemed Member
    Oct 5, 2020
    Also for Mayer Brown, I can't quite work out what vacation scheme I've applied for spring or summer. When I log onto the application process it just says London vacation scheme.

Is it because they're just considering you for both.

Staples

Legendary Member
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Got my first rejection of the 2023 cycle from Jones Day. Very quick turnaround as I only applied on Nov 27th. Maybe I took a little too much inspiration from its name by completing my app in just one day...
    Sorry to hear that! They do seem to reject very quickly - I applied on 7th Oct and got my rejection on the 16th. The short cover letter helps...

NK

Distinguished Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    Does anyone know what the WG pass mark is for Baker McKenzie? I think I remember grad rec saying it’s fairly low in comparison to other firms but I could be wrong here..

Lawbour

Legendary Member
    Dec 25, 2018
    This might be a dumb question but once you do a psychometric test for a firm can you ask for your result straight away or do you have to wait until you're rejected to ask for it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.