Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
This might be a dumb question but once you do a psychometric test for a firm can you ask for your result straight away or do you have to wait until you're rejected to ask for it?

you can ask for your result/score but many firms won’t tell you it anyway.

Fran

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Oh, interesting! When did you submit your app? I sent in mine right after the second Reed Smith Open Day and I will haven’t heard back/received an invite for the test.
So I sent my app 20th Nov, got an invite to the SST on the 24th which I completed a few days later, but have not heard back since. I reckon as time goes on, they will take longer to reply as more apps flood in

Veep9

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    So I sent my app 20th Nov, got an invite to the SST on the 24th which I completed a few days later, but have not heard back since. I reckon as time goes on, they will take longer to reply as more apps flood in
    I applied on the 24th so not that much later. Hmmm, I’m getting worried now!

p9b

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 29, 2019
    Would you say spring vac schemes are less competitive than summer ones? Just because Uni students are less likely to apply to those as they have exams, and so i assume there would be more grads / career changers applying. Any thoughts?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Would you say spring vac schemes are less competitive than summer ones? Just because Uni students are less likely to apply to those as they have exams, and so i assume there would be more grads / career changers applying. Any thoughts?

really isn’t as simple as that - will vary from programme to programme.

Rene

Star Member
    Nov 10, 2020
    You could argue that but 1) many people would have your opinion and 2) TC offers tend to be given out right after the scheme so people might apply to spring thinking it gives them an advantage because they get ‘first picks’ in a sense. So essentially it changes every single year for different firms

Lauren

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 16, 2018
    Hi, I recently applied to Baker McKenzie and mentioned I had completed the virtual internship program.

However I completed the virtual internship this summer using my university email address. I have since graduated and applied for the vacation scheme using my personal email.

Is this something I should flag to graduate recruitment? I don't want them to think I was being dishonest about completing it

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi, I recently applied to Baker McKenzie and mentioned I had completed the virtual internship program.

However I completed the virtual internship this summer using my university email address. I have since graduated and applied for the vacation scheme using my personal email.

Is this something I should flag to graduate recruitment? I don't want them to think I was being dishonest about completing it
    No. If they really required proof they could easily search your name or ask for your certificate. Highly doubt they would even check if you’d done it.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

CDKelley

Standard Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Yep I'd answer however you see fit based on your understanding of the firm.

To piggyback off this question: how ambitious and detailed should the answers be? For example, I think Ropes and Gray should increase its debt restructuring department in the face of the Covid crisis. Lots of companies and countries are struggling to pay loans back- this would be an area for Ropes to compete in. Is it too simple to say hiring more lawyers in this field?

Sudha

Standard Member
    Dec 5, 2020
    Wasn’t the deadline less than a day ago and it’s non-rolling?
    Yes the deadline was 4th of December. The official website says interviews on rolling basis .
    The last mail received was on 23rd Nov confirming that i reached the benchmark on their online test.
    My Application isn't great. so if they haven't get back after deadline does it mean they are likely to reject it ???

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Yes the deadline was 4th of December. The official website says interviews on rolling basis .
    The last mail received was on 23rd Nov confirming that i reached the benchmark on their online test.
    My Application isn't great. so if they haven't get back after deadline does it mean they are likely to reject it ???
    The deadline was at midnight on Friday night. No one will have attempted to review any of the applications yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.