2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

eveh1784

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I'd add to this already great advise and suggest the rule of three. For example, if there's a question asking you to give your thoughts on an issue e.g. a commercial awareness question, stick to three key points. This is an easy way to remain concise due to the timed element and to structure your responses so that you don't repeat yourself. Also, try using the video interview simulators to time yourself and practise (practise makes perfect!). I know TCLA has some practise ones! Remember to look into the camera and not at yourself as this is how you maintain eye contact with the viewer. Finally, stay calm, breathe, and enjoy yourself - you've made it this far already! Hope these small tips help too and all the best! :)

Ah thank you v much - I’ll deffo check them out!

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
What is the application process for Addleshaw Goddard's vacation schemes? I have just read this on Chamber's Student which confused me: "The firm chooses vac schemers directly from their application forms. Meanwhile, following a preliminary video interview, around 70 of those applying directly for training contracts are invited to one of several assessment centres."

So there are no tests, interviews or ACs for the vac scheme?
My understanding is that most TCs are awarded to vac schemers but not all.

There definitely is an interview and AC for the vac scheme though. I believe that they have moved back to a telephone interview, rather than a video one, to reduce unconscious bias.

Lawbour

Legendary Member
Dec 25, 2018
Hi all, I have been selected for an interview at Mayer Brown but I am very nervous because this is my first cycle so I have no idea to expect! Does anyone have any past experiences to share so I know what to expect? Thank you!

Congrats on the interview!!

Personally never had experience with the firm but, in case you haven't already, have a look at this page of people's previous experiences of interview at the firm: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/mayer-brown-interview-2019-2020.2288/

Shannon Balnaves

Standard Member
Mar 6, 2019
Reactions: Lawbour
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.