2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kola

Legendary Member
Sep 27, 2020
was it timed? how long did they give you to do it?

It's divided into 9 parts. Each can essentially be completed independently. The first 8 are not timed. The last one is.

Edit: To anybody that has also completed it, did you receive a confirmation email confirming that you have finished it? I get nervous whenever I am denied my right to a confirmation email :mad:

Bukayo Saka

Nov 19, 2020
It's divided into 9 parts. Each can essentially be completed independently. The first 8 are not timed. The last one is.

Edit: To anybody that has also completed it, did you receive a confirmation email confirming that you have finished it? I get nervous whenever I am denied my right to a confirmation email :mad:

Thank you for this! I wanted to ask is the test something you can prepare for like the WG?

MZ

Esteemed Member
Forum Winner
Oct 7, 2020
For the Baker McKenzie WG, does anyone know if they place a lot of emphasis on speed when calculating/reviewing the score? I don't usually ask for reasonable adjustments when I do the WG because I can get it done within the time limit, but I'm still pretty slow so I'm always racing against the clock and going over my answers until the last second. Should I notify them of this so they can keep it in mind when reviewing my performance or is it unlikely to have a big impact on my score?

Kablahc

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Hey guys, I know it's quite late in the application cycle but I'm not sure how to approach this question: "What types of innovation will drive growth at Taylor Wessing?" on the TW app. I'm probably overthinking it, but I can think of 3 different ways to interpret the phrase "types of innovation" in this question and I don't know which one is best/closest to what they're looking for:
    1. Types of innovation as in specific types of AI/technology, like predictive coding or machine learning technology.
    2. Different areas of innovation as in new technology in different sectors, like recent innovation in the healthcare sector.
    3. Types of innovation in a less literal/more descriptive sense, as in "innovation that caters to x need" or "innovation that is based on extensive research of client needs" to illustrate the type of commercial knowledge and client-centric mindset needed to drive successful innovation and the firm's growth.

Option 1 makes the most sense intuitively but something about the way the question is worded is throwing me off a bit, so it would be really helpful to hear how you guys would approach this

Hiii I passed to next stage for TW yesterday and I don't think there's 1 right answer but I approached it similarly to your option 3

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For the Baker McKenzie WG, does anyone know if they place a lot of emphasis on speed when calculating/reviewing the score? I don't usually ask for reasonable adjustments when I do the WG because I can get it done within the time limit, but I'm still pretty slow so I'm always racing against the clock and going over my answers until the last second. Should I notify them of this so they can keep it in mind when reviewing my performance or is it unlikely to have a big impact on my score?

You should always ask for reasonable adjustments if you are entitled to them. No one can retrospectively apply adjustments in terms of scoring - it’s not feasible nor fair to do this. Just ask for the adjustment - it’s the easiest thing to do.

Reactions: Celestie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.