2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Well done to everyone receiving Macfarlanes AC invites!

I interviewed there last year, and my top tips are to brush up on company structures, Porter’s 5 forces, SWOT, and some basic contracts if you can. If it’s the same as last year, you’ll also need to do some arithmetic so make sure you know the basics!

Also make sure you have a couple of fun/interesting facts as you share these at the start as part of an icebreaker thing - don’t think this is assessed though!

Best of luck all!

lawgirl1234

Star Member
    Oct 20, 2020
    Just got Bird & Bird video interview invitation. Anyone have any tips/direction as to the sorts of questions I should prepare for??☺️☺️
    Also, wondering whether a lot of people make it to this stage?
    congrats! You get a minute to think of your answer and two minutes to answer. The types of questions are very run of the mill stuff, however, it's likely the questions differ from person to person so my advice would be make sure you draw on their key competencies where you can! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: collie_121

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    congrats! You get a minute to think of your answer and two minutes to answer. The types of questions are very run of the mill stuff, however, it's likely the questions differ from person to person so my advice would be make sure you draw on their key competencies where you can! :)
    Thank you so much! would you say they typically place a lot of weight on competency questions or is it a general mix?

Velikilawyer123

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 37
    Mar 4, 2020
    Hey all, for anyone with experience with Davis Polk:

- Is it a deal breaker for them if I've got a 2.2 in my first-year contract grade (I got a 1st overall in my degree, and IMO good work exp)?
    - Do they prefer the CV to be 1 or 2 pages long?
    - Do they prefer the cover letter to be 1 or 2 pages long?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Lawbour

Legendary Member
    Dec 25, 2018
    Still haven't heard back for Macfarlanes? Anyone else in the same boat? What does this mean considering some have started to hear back?

In the same boat and honestly have no idea hahah. I'd suggest just to forget about it over the festive period and use this time to de-stress and watch some Christmas movies

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.