Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For Jones Day they’ve told me that my academic reference didn’t respond so they’re giving them a further 7 days to reply to them. I do not know the person well at all but my university said to give them as a reference and that’s what we are supposed to do as it’s my academic advisor. Is it okay to send them another possible reference (dissertation supervisor) for them to contact instead?

no harm in doing so if your dissertation supervisor is aware you are doing this and has agreed to provide the reference

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
I emailed grad rec for this info and they responded the same day :) They mentioned you have to score above the 60th percentile to progress.

Wow! That is very unusual for them to release that info - never heard of any law firm doing that. Thank you.

RyanM1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
For Jones Day they’ve told me that my academic reference didn’t respond so they’re giving them a further 7 days to reply to them. I do not know the person well at all but my university said to give them as a reference and that’s what we are supposed to do as it’s my academic advisor. Is it okay to send them another possible reference (dissertation supervisor) for them to contact instead?

When did you send your application Rhiannon? I reckon it should be fine to change reference provided your initial one hasn't yet responded!

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019
    Congrats everyone on your fantastic news!

I am sat here recovering from that headache of an assessment from Simmons & Simmons...
    View attachment 2500
    I did it last year and got to the tests stage again this year but decided for the sake of my mental health, happiness and brain power not to do it! To anyone who passes it, you are certified geniuses! (I can still see the shapes in my nightmares)

• 🤝
    • Haha
    Reactions: OB, BiancaR and AH97

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I did it last year and got to the tests stage again this year but decided for the sake of my mental health, happiness and brain power not to do it! To anyone who passes it, you are certified geniuses! (I can still see the shapes in my nightmares)
    I did practice tests where I was in the 93rd percentile. But this one? Jesus....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.