2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Does Katten ask everyone to confirm their right to work in the UK?

I’ve been asked to send a scan of my passport. I’m a UK citizen and studied in the UK, so I’m not sure why I’ve been asked or if they ask everyone.

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    Does Katten ask everyone to confirm their right to work in the UK?

I’ve been asked to send a scan of my passport. I’m a UK citizen and studied in the UK, so I’m not sure why I’ve been asked or if they ask everyone.
    When did you apply to Katten?

Legally brown

Distinguished Member
    Dec 6, 2020
    Truly gutted after BCLP rejection for summer VS. Was told my application had many grammatical errors when I had submitted it through Grammarly a billion times, sent it out to friends and family to double check to spot any errors, read it over and over agin till I memorised every word, full stop, comma and colon. This was the firm which invited me to an open day in year 12 and behaved as a catalyst to me pursuing a career in commercial law.

However, after an hour of sobbing I have managed to pull myself together and once again pray for better news. I hope that anyone who reads this message does receive good news and positive vibes.....

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Truly gutted after BCLP rejection for summer VS. Was told my application had many grammatical errors when I had submitted it through Grammarly a billion times, sent it out to friends and family to double check to spot any errors, read it over and over agin till I memorised every word, full stop, comma and colon. This was the firm which invited me to an open day in year 12 and behaved as a catalyst to me pursuing a career in commercial law.

However, after an hour of sobbing I have managed to pull myself together and once again pray for better news. I hope that anyone who reads this message does receive good news and positive vibes.....

I want to first say, you are really strong. Rejections are rough. You are doing so so well and you are a HERO for picking yourself up so well. Resilience is an amazing quality to have.

If you want to message someone, please feel free to dm.

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021

Tanaya, I've been where you are ... don't let this stop you. Keep going, keep applying ... you'll get the TC that's right for you. Keep your head up!

Emily K

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 29, 2018

This really resonated with me and I'm sure so many others - rejection is really, really tough, particularly from that firm you've set your heart on :( just know that you will get there eventually and we'll all be rooting for you!

H S

Distinguished Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Looks like someone needs to sign off for the evening and maybe take a break. It's not ok to speak to someone like that.

We celebrate success on here, not punish people for it. @hunter good on you, you're doing great.

Agreed! @hunter I'm so impressed you're continuing with your applications and going after what you really want, rather than dropping everything once you've secured something. All it does is show you're hungry for a career you can tailor to your needs. Ignore anyone who's jealous of that.

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    Looks like someone needs to sign off for the evening and maybe take a break. It's not ok to speak to someone like that.

We celebrate success on here, not punish people for it. @hunter good on you, you're doing great.

I have suspicions they know each other because someone asked Hunter a question about his TC and Rob replied :S either way, a bit unnecessary on a forum!

Reactions: reedyboy and M777

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    rejection from hsf following AC :( gutted although not surprised as one interview went horrible even though I was hoping that I had pulled it back with my 2 subsequent interviews, oh well back to the drawing board I guess
    Really sorry to hear this, I understand how gutting it is getting rejected at this stage. You did amazing to get that far and will have learnt so much for the next one! Keep pushing and you’ll get that tc :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.