2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

Esteemed Member
Forum Winner
Oct 7, 2020
I'm currently mentally replaying the moment I said "fucking" out of nowhere in my partner interview earlier today, I have no idea how that happened. This is definitely going to haunt me every time I try to fall asleep for the next few weeks

On the bright side, I got a Macfarlanes AC invite about an hour later!

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
I'm currently mentally replaying the moment I said "fucking" out of nowhere in my partner interview earlier today, I have no idea how that happened. This is definitely going to haunt me every time I try to fall asleep for the next few weeks

On the bright side, I got a Macfarlanes AC invite about an hour later!
lol can we get the context of that pls

MZ

Esteemed Member
Forum Winner
Oct 7, 2020
lol can we get the context of that pls
Hahaha it's not pretty. I was presenting my solution to possible risk of litigation in an acquisition as part of my case study answer and got flustered and couldn't find the right words to describe what warranties/indemnities would do in this situation, so naturally, my genius brain thought the best way to stall while I could think of the right words was to throw in a filler word to buy me some time, except I chose the word "fucking" for some reason, which made me even more flustered because I immediately realised what I'd just said and started internally panicking a little. So I basically ended up saying something along the lines of "so you could basically tell them 'you take the fucking liability if it comes to litigation', you know?" and I'm honestly still cringing.

Props to the partners for not reacting at all though, the rest of the interview went surprisingly well! Still not salvageable after my trainwreck of a document review exercise, but at least their positive feedback will help me sleep at night.

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
Hahaha it's not pretty. I was presenting my solution to possible risk of litigation in an acquisition as part of my case study answer and got flustered and couldn't find the right words to describe what warranties/indemnities would do in this situation, so naturally, my genius brain thought the best way to stall while I could think of the right words was to throw in a filler word to buy me some time, except I chose the word "fucking" for some reason, which made me even more flustered because I immediately realised what I'd just said and started internally panicking a little. So I basically ended up saying something along the lines of "so you could basically tell them 'you take the fucking liability if it comes to litigation', you know?" and I'm honestly still cringing.

Props to the partners for not reacting at all though, the rest of the interview went surprisingly well! Still not salvageable after my trainwreck of a document review exercise, but at least their positive feedback will help me sleep at night.
That has really tickled me, thanks for sharing haha

• Love
Reactions: MZ

Law1099

Valued Member
Jan 18, 2021
My iCloud was full up today and I only just realised which meant I didn’t receive any emails. I’m worried that I might’ve missed some firms emails. I know for cv mail you can check but can you check correspondence on apply4law? Also, would the emails have bounced back and the sender been notified? Sorry bit of a random question but don’t want to miss any emails!

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
My iCloud was full up today and I only just realised which meant I didn’t receive any emails. I’m worried that I might’ve missed some firms emails. I know for cv mail you can check but can you check correspondence on apply4law? Also, would the emails have bounced back and the sender been notified? Sorry bit of a random question but don’t want to miss any emails!
Yeah you can check on apply4law. Just log into the firms application portal and it lists all their communication with you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.