2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS2000

Distinguished Member
Nov 15, 2020
I was at this event with Latham and they said that applicants for their vacation schemes would hear back by mid-February as they are currently busy reviewing applications.
Interesting. They have sent out 2 VI invites though. Does this mean that they are sending them in batches as people have suggested on here?

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Interesting. They have sent out 2 VI invites though. Does this mean that they are sending them in batches as people have suggested on here?
    Oh yeah, I remember seeing a few people on here sharing this. I don't know, a few people asked about hearing back and that's what the grad recruiter said. At this point, I wish firms were more detailed and open about their recruitment process and time-scales. I am tired of wondering about each part of the process for each firm :(

Reactions: AS2000

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Feel like I’m going crazy, I’ve heard nothing back from the 3 I applied to.

Applied for Links a few days before the deadline, scored 84 on the WG, and I don’t think my CAPP was bad either. Heard nothing from Freshfields or MdR.

I’m perfectly fine with rejection, it’s the waiting I can’t handle.
    I feel you, the long wait is horrible and frustrating 😞 I stil haven't heard a thing about all my applications and mentally preparing for rejections (at least for the apps I sent first)😅

thewaythecookiecrumbles

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 14, 2021
    Feel like I’m going crazy, I’ve heard nothing back from the 3 I applied to.

Applied for Links a few days before the deadline, scored 84 on the WG, and I don’t think my CAPP was bad either. Heard nothing from Freshfields or MdR.

I’m perfectly fine with rejection, it’s the waiting I can’t handle.
    I haven't heard anything back from Mishcon either. Don't know if the rejection is going to come later on or whether we still are waiting for the VI invites.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Oh yeah, I remember seeing a few people on here sharing this. I don't know, a few people asked about hearing back and that's what the grad recruiter said. At this point, I wish firms were more detailed and open about their recruitment process and time-scales. I am tired of wondering about each part of the process for each firm :(
    Hey, I was one of the peeps that got the VI this morning, but I'm still waiting on the Freshfields WG test.
    I'm not sure you can second-guess how the grad-rec works in each Firm. It could just be one member of the team is more proactive, able to sanction the sending out of tests/VIs, etc, etc.
    I'm sure your VI is right around the corner :) Best of luck!

Reactions: AS2000
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.