2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarnjeet

Esteemed Member
Oct 20, 2020
Does anyone know anything about PWCs game? I have to do it as a part of the application plus, I have never done it before any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Just to echo what others have said, try to focus on what skill each task is trying to test rather than the scores you get- e.g. there is one game that is very difficult to complete but I think the purpose of the task is to test your determination and ability to keep at it, rather than successfully completing it.

Look at PWC's values again and keep this in mind when completing the games.

Reactions: jds555 and OB

jds555

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 26, 2019
Just to echo what others have said, try to focus on what skill each task is trying to test rather than the scores you get- e.g. there is one game that is very difficult to complete but I think the purpose of the task is to test your determination and ability to keep at it, rather than successfully completing it.

Look at PWC's values again and keep this in mind when completing the games.
Thank you very much for your advice and help. I appreciate it!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    If it makes you feel any better, I got rejected at app stage by 13 out of the 15 firms I applied to for winter vacs. It was the ones that didn't reject me that mattered in the end.
    This!

I made 12 or 13 applications- 11 rejections (10 without an AC, one post-AC)- the 2 offers were more than enough though!

Thinking about everyone who got bad news today/ recently- it's a crappy position to be in. Fingers crossed for all of you for future apps.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Oh perfect thank you very much Olivia. I appreciate it. Does it have any maths element to it? If so, I am terrible at maths.
    There's no maths, a lot of it is reaction times clicking buttons or remembering sequences. There's also a few levels which you make decisions which affects how the level goes. And as said above, theres a lock level which is basically designed to be quite impossible haha, which is why they offer a button to quit the level when you've had enough!

Reactions: jds555 and cmaj

Phoebe

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 25, 2018
    Amazing news absolutely delighted for you! Your determination really is what will set you apart and will 100% help you get that TC offer :D

This is amazing congratulations! You've always been such a helpful presence on the forums and to me as well when I was applying so I'm honestly really excited and happy for you! I just know you're gonna blow them away on the scheme! :D

It's so nice to read this and clearly a credit to how much hard work you have put into this process. Well done!

Thank you all for your very kind messages! Definitely couldn't have got there without the support from this forum 😇

Side note: just got an AC invite from Bird & Bird!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.