2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Laflamme

Standard Member
Nov 28, 2020
Folks, nobody can tell you if you not hearing back from a firm means a rejection.
An email telling you you have been rejected means you have been rejected. I realise nobody enjoys being in limbo and 'on hold' at firms, especially when interviews are being handed out, but asking on this forum whether a lack of response constitutes a rejection does not help anybody.

A92167!8

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 6, 2020
'You can keep us up-to-date by adding supplementary information (e.g. new qualifications) to submitted applications'.

Would people recommend adding information here if you have a new work experience to add? I have started a role since sending my Eversheds application (I still haven't heard back from them). What level of detail is required?

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    TLT rejection post app. Are my hands stinging from the Baltic weather or the rejection?

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Naomi U

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    Dec 8, 2019
    if a VI question asks to discuss a recent story I've been following / opportunities and challenges currently affecting the legal industry, is it good practice to always link it back to the firm and how it can affect them/their clients?
    I think it depends on the time you have. My personal approach would be to focus on the implications of the story ( the nature of the opportunity and challenge/ why you think this happened e.g. changing consumer demand, behaviour of competitors, domestic and foreign policy changes) and what you think the implication will be on the legal industry broadly e.g., will it change the nature of the work, make some practice areas more or less relevant, change the general structures of firms etc etc,

If it doesn't explicitly mention a link, I probably wouldn't unless you feel this has particular relevance to the firm (then you could just name drop) if time permits.

Hope this helps☺️

Reactions: Zoo

Victoria R

Distinguished Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    I don't think that's necessarily true, on the open day grad rec mentioned that there are only two of them working in the team and with the deadline having just passed a week ago I'm sure they're busy reading loads of applications. Only a rejection email is a rejection IMO
    Agreed with this, I got the same e-mail having completed the VRT yesterday followed up by an email from grad recruitment half an hour later (I'd emailed re the technical issues on the weekend) saying they were looking forward to 're-assessing' my application now that I'd completed the test.

Reactions: leolegal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.