2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawrelated

Distinguished Member
Jan 22, 2021
DLA Piper PFO :) To those still waiting, if your portal has updated and you cannot withdraw your application, it most likely means that you have received an email by DLA. There is an issue impacting the firm's emailing system, which is why candidates are not receiving the PFO emails.
sorry about this, was this confirmed from graduate recruitment?

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Has anyone been rejected by Addleshaw Goddard yet (London)? I haven’t heard back yet but ive seen lots of people being invited to VI, just curious to hear if anyone has had the opposite response
Yes, a couple of people posted here on Friday afternoon saying that they'd been rejected - all from London. So I wouldn't worry too much at this point. I'm sure we will hear something soon.

• 🤝
Reactions: cloud9

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jul 29, 2019
I had an AC at DLA Piper last week. We were told that we would all hear the outcome within the next day. It has since been 5 days since my AC.

I am conscious that it can take a lot of time to meet with those interviewing and make decisions. However, many of those at the AC heard back from the firm on the same day. Usually I would allow a couple weeks after an AC before contacting HR (if no outcome date provided), however, given the circumstances perhaps it is appropriate to drop them a quick call.

Is anyone in a similar position? – Would this also be worth doing or is it too early to contact?

Thanks!

Last edited:

SM8

Jan 25, 2021
Hey guys,
I have the Watson Glaser coming up for FF and I'm so lost on some questions. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? For the Virtual Employees question, my thinking is that the paragraph doesn't in anyway say what proportion of employees work from home - it just simply never mentions it. So, there's insufficient data? For the plastic bag one, I'm even MORE confused. If all bags are noisy and some aren't reusable, surely that means some are reusable? and would therefore be both noisy and reusable?! I'm honestly baffled.
Any help appreciated.
View attachment 2587
Not sure if this has been answered already but I think for the plastic bag question, whether a bag is reusable has nothing to do with whether a bag makes noise. You have to infer the correlation from the first sentence. One way of thinking about it would be if someone said 'is a plastic bag reusable?' and you answered with 'I know they all make noise', would you have helped answer the question in any way? Hope this helps!

Reactions: collie_121

Elle W

Valued Member
Jan 12, 2021
Is anybody still yet to hear from TLT?

I've seen rejections and ACs given out but I still have nothing and also saw that they had some trouble with their application website around the deadline. I'm pretty sure my application uploaded but I'm wondering if given all the circumstances it's worth me emailing to double check. Thanks!

Reactions: Ava B

MW110601

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I had an AC at DLA Piper last week. We were told that we would all hear the outcome within the next day. It has since been 5 days since my AC.

I am conscious that it can take a lot of time to meet with those interviewing and make decisions. However, many of those at the AC heard back from the firm on the same day. Usually I would allow 3 weeks after an AC before contacting HR, however, given the circumstances perhaps it is appropriate to drop them a quick call.

Is anyone in a similar position? – Would this also be worth doing or is it too early to contact?

Thanks!
I would contact them as I received my offer the same afternoon, and everyone at my AC was told that we would hear back that afternoon or the next day, and others I have spoke to who have done ACs at DLA on different days to myself have heard back the same day or the next day, so I think that 5 days is quite a long time for DLA. There is no harm in sending them an email! 🙂

Sekani Wraith

Valued Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hiya,

So while I don't think Bakers push the sector focus aspect as much as other firms, they are particularly strong in the consumer goods, TMT and EMI industry. For consumer goods and retail, one of their biggest clients is Unilever (and L'Oreal if I remember correctly). With Unilever in particular they advised on a $3.1bn acquisition of the Horlicks brand for Unilever a couple of years back, although a quick Google search will also show you they consistently advise on a string of smaller acquisitions as well. I'd assume this is because the large global footprint of these companies matches very well with the on the ground support Bakers can probably offer due to their own global reach. In the TMT industry, big clients include Google, Amazon (particularly for tax work). In EMI, a huge deal they also recently worked on was Hitachi's acquisition of ABB!

Thank you soo much for this!

Sares M

Jan 25, 2021
HI has anyone recently done the LinkLaters AC? Could you please share your experience of the HR interview ? do they ask commercial awareness questions ? any help would be really great thank you
Hi, I had one last week. There were no commercial awareness questions in the HR interview only competency and motivation questions. The questions are little tricky so prepare as many stories and scenarios as you can. Take your time to think about an answer and try not to get flustered. For the partner interview really think about the work a trainee will do in the firm and what elements are involved in representing a client from a law firms perspective. Think about Links practise areas pick a few and focus on how they work both technically and commercially. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.