Status
Not open for further replies.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Can I ask if you have any general advice? Also if you completed it on a phone or laptop? And also if you had 2 weeks to do it in?

Apologies for all the questions!
I completed it on my phone! Theres not a lot you can do to practice for it. And yes I had 2 weeks!

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I think they ACs are only in feb so yeah it is
I applied to Willkie in early October, did my VI in mid October and got invited to AC part 1 (written exercise) in October. I recently got an email that the written exercise will not be taking place until February ("within 4 weeks"). You'll be fine- send in your application.

Reactions: W

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
Has anybody heard back from Stephenson Harwood or Ashurst?
I applied for Stephenson's winter scheme at the start of November and mid-December I had an update that I was unsuccessful, but I am still being considered for spring/summer. I've not heard anything since so I'm assuming the worst now.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
When you do an interview and totally flunk it 😩
You honestly never know! I have definitely had interviews where i thought they went better than they had and those I thought I had messed up but thankfully hadn't. Sometimes the things we labour over in our minds will barely have registered with the interviewers so try not to worry and cause yourself any unnecessary tension. Regardless of the outcome, all interviews are a great learning experience as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.