2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Skadden AC 🤩

Honestly thought I messed the TI,but if anyone has any experience with Skadden, any AC experience or VS/TC experience with the firm, please do message me 😅

Also, was rejected by Sidley Austin yday for anyone wondering about the firm's response time! Applied last week too

Side note: Does anyone know how many vac scheme students Skadden takes on? I saw here it's 15, but the firm has 3 Vacs, so bit confused about the logistics.

Last edited:

cogito ergo sum

Star Member
  • Nov 2, 2018
    Hi! many congrats on the AC! I have an arctic shores games assessment coming up and have done 2 before, with no luck in passing it. can I ask what score you got at the end of it? (if you remember !)
    Me too! I haven't passed any game tests before. That's why it was such a big surprise haha.

I remember my score was around 7300. But I think they will look at your report rather than your score. Good luck!

lol123456781

Standard Member
    Nov 12, 2020
    Is there any point in submitting/ starting and then submitting a bclp vac scheme app because i see they have already given summer offers?
    also are there any firms still open other than ashurst that are not on rolling basis/any ones on a rolling basis that i can still apply to?

Victoria R

Distinguished Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    Hi! I did the case study last year. You don't need any legal knowledge AT ALL. It's very much an assessment of how commercially minded you are and whether you can pick up on potential commercial issues that businesses might face / have to think about. It might sound weird but I genuinely really enjoyed it. It wasn't at all what i would've expected from a case study interview. no FT articles or anything like that! really interesting and trendy (the only word i can think of to describe it). very 'mishcon' i thought. good luck!!!

This is exactly how I would describe it! Very fun and very Mishcon!

Thank you so much, that's definitely eased my nerves!! Would you recommend prepping Mishcon-specific information or does that more come up in the partner interview?

Tavistocksfinest

Star Member
    Jan 3, 2020
    Just a quick question on protocol- I have got through to the Skadden AC and there are 3 potential vac schemes with different dates. I can’t make one of the schemes, is this something I should tell grad recruitment now before the AC so that they know from the earliest possible stage? Or should I wait until the AC or until I find out if I receive the vac scheme offer?

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Jul 29, 2019
    Skadden AC :cool:

Honestly thought I messed the TI,but if anyone has any experience with Skadden, any AC experience or VS/TC experience with the firm, please do message me 😅

Also, was rejected by Sidley Austin yday for anyone wondering about the firm's response time! Applied last week too

Side note: Does anyone know how many vac scheme students Skadden takes on? I saw here it's 15, but the firm has 3 Vacs, so bit confused about the logistics.

Congratulations!

I was on a vac scheme at Skadden last year and there were in the region of around 37-40 places I believe, across all the schemes.

Reactions: dosblancos7

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Jul 29, 2019
    Just a quick question on protocol- I have got through to the Skadden AC and there are 3 potential vac schemes with different dates. I can’t make one of the schemes, is this something I should tell grad recruitment now before the AC so that they know from the earliest possible stage? Or should I wait until the AC or until I find out if I receive the vac scheme offer?

In my experience they were accommodating to when you wanted to do the vac scheme at Skadden. I remember you could choose from a number of dates on the apply4law portal after receiving an offer.

I would stress that if this is the case, and you receive an offer, you choose the dates v quickly on apply4law, as its first come first serve.

Reactions: Tavistocksfinest

C

Esteemed Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 7, 2019
    Me too! I haven't passed any game tests before. That's why it was such a big surprise haha.

I remember my score was around 7300. But I think they will look at your report rather than your score. Good luck!
    ahh I see, so I guess it would make sense to look at the firm's core values and assess what they want etc. Thanks for your reply!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    I would wait until you have the offer definitely. Firms will always try to be as accommodating as possible and at this stage there would be no need to concern them with the dates, just so long as you can still make one of the three available as you say.

Tavistocksfinest

Star Member
    Jan 3, 2020
    In my experience they were accommodating to when you wanted to do the vac scheme at Skadden. I remember you could choose from a number of dates on the apply4law portal after receiving an offer.

I would stress that if this is the case, and you receive an offer, you choose the dates v quickly on apply4law, as its first come first serve.
    Perfect, thank you very much!

Reactions: Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.