2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
Commercial Writer
Junior Lawyer
Jun 24, 2018
Submitted my Mayer Brown application on Sunday, received the tests today (not sure if people were waiting post submission). I'm certain their tests are automatic but the email phrasing makes it sound like it isn't lol!
Submitted my Mayer Brown vac app this morning and have just received test invites. Im guessing this is automated but can someone confirm this?
I submitted my app last Monday (18th) and yet to receive mine! Fingers crossed I get them soon :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Skadden rejection post telephone interview just came through. This one hurts haha - still haven't been able to get my first AC after quite a few cycles and it's feeling very out of reach right now!
I know how hard it is getting rejections and that nagging feeling that the process is against you at times but please do take stock and try to appreciate how far you have come. We all progress and grow at our own pace and your progress is undeniable, you are incrementally getting further towards your goal and you should be really proud of every step you take in the right direction. I hope you can get some constructive feedback to assist you with that growth too :)

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Do you mind me asking when you applied? Getting a little nervous haha
    October. I’ve seen people who applied after me be rejected so I’m guessing I’m deep in some maybe pile? That, or I’ve been lost in the process which is never a good sign anyway!

What about yourself?

Reactions: Alexh13

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    Has anyone else had any problems doing the arctic shores sky rise game? I have just 'completed' the first task and it keeps registering a different box to the one I have pressed and saying I have got every single answer wrong when I haven't. Literally only let me put an answer right twice and I don't want to continue. Did this happen to anyone else and if so what did you do? Its not been a good two days for me in terms of technical issues...

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 11, 2020
    Yes, same, and I have the automatic reply from their inbox receiving my answers. I don’t know whether to reforward?

I also got the same Reed Smith email! I did just realise that I had used my uni email instead of the email I used for apply4law to send off my answers. (However, I used my full name in my email as well as the correct subject line, so I don't think this should have mattered.) I sent an email to the GR team apologising for my mistake and forwarded a copy of my original submission.

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Skadden rejection post telephone interview just came through. This one hurts haha - still haven't been able to get my first AC after quite a few cycles and it's feeling very out of reach right now!
    I’m in the same boat with ACs! It’s a bit deflating but got to keep going.

I’m a big believer in making your own luck and that comes from perseverance.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Sorry to hear this... getting rejections is really tough and you're definitely allowed to feel hurt and dismayed! I found I just had a bit of a 'click' moment with applications where things began to fall into place, maybe you're just waiting on that click :)

Alexh13

Standard Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 26, 2021
    October. I’ve seen people who applied after me be rejected so I’m guessing I’m deep in some maybe pile? That, or I’ve been lost in the process which is never a good sign anyway!

What about yourself?
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum haha. I applied the day of the deadline. I'm sure you'll receive a successful email sooner or later, there's no reason they would keep you waiting that long if not to get you to the next stage!

ab1147

Esteemed Member
    Jan 21, 2021
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum haha. I applied the day of the deadline. I'm sure you'll receive a successful email sooner or later, there's no reason they would keep you waiting that long if not to get you to the next stage!
    I applied on the deadline day too and haven't heard anything back yet either!

cymrawd

Standard Member
    Dec 22, 2020
    If this is for the direct TC, they said they would get back to everyone by December 21st! If you haven't heard back, might be worth sending GR an e-mail!
    Thinking this may be a good idea too. Although, in the post WG email they said they'd let everybody know at least a week before the 8th of Feb, so thinking I may hold off from emailing until the end of the week. 😬

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.