2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren2001

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
So sorry to hear this but I've previously been rejected by them and definitely did not get that email! also, do you think they mean filled spaces for the scheme or ACs as I've yet to do my ac!
This sounds positive then! I could kick myself for applying so late!! 😩 Sorry I meant for interviews - it stated they will be offering remaining spaces to those who have already booked interviews! Good luck!

MizM

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
Hi all,
For the Ashurst cover letter, I was wondering whether it is required to discuss ‘why Ashurst’, as there is another question similarly addressing this?
Thank you in advance for any advice!
I second this question. I initially thought that there is no need to mention 'why Ashurst' in the cover letter as the 'How is Ashurst different to the other firms you have applied to?' question will cover this. However, I am not so sure... any advice??

Reactions: l0133

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
This sounds positive then! I could kick myself for applying so late!! 😩 Sorry I meant for interviews - it stated they will be offering remaining spaces to those who have already booked interviews! Good luck!
that is a shame but it's definitely positive especially as they even want you to mention the email in your next application! and thank you so much!!

Carmen H

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I just got an email from Pinsent Masons (applied for London) saying:

"Following up on our recent email containing details on the psychometric test assessment and assessment days, please find below your login details necessary to complete the psychometric test." but this is the first email I've received? That is, they haven't sent me a recent email containing details about the test/AC. I logged on to the application portal and it just says that my app was updated today but I can't see anything about outstanding tests etc.

Has anyone else received the same email / Have any advice?

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Hi all, starting to feel very nervous about my upcoming RPC AC. The platform they use is TopScore, which I've never used, and I have no idea what to expect on the day in terms of the actual tasks. I'm also not feeling very well at all this week (my brain has felt very foggy) so if anyone has any tips, please do message me :(

scared no more GIF

Elle W

Valued Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    I just got an email from Pinsent Masons (applied for London) saying:

"Following up on our recent email containing details on the psychometric test assessment and assessment days, please find below your login details necessary to complete the psychometric test." but this is the first email I've received? That is, they haven't sent me a recent email containing details about the test/AC. I logged on to the application portal and it just says that my app was updated today but I can't see anything about outstanding tests etc.

Has anyone else received the same email / Have any advice?
    I received two emails (but the first went to my junk so maybe check there??). The test is a GMA (??) which I've never heard of or done. If anybody has any advice on how to practice for that I'd appreciate it!

Also on my email it said it was due at 10am on Friday but later on at 3pm on Friday - did your email also say that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.