2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having difficulties with Pinsent Masons testing software and received a reply from them? I sent them an email but perhaps someone has already had a response here which might help me anticipate what to do.

For reference the issue I am having is the software can only be downloaded on a Windows processor, which I don't have access to. I am also concerned that they provided a deadline of less than 48 hours.

packhorse

Esteemed Member
Jan 12, 2021
That feeling when you are disappointed by no news and it hits 4 o'clock
Sad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Anyone else having difficulties with Pinsent Masons testing software and received a reply from them? I sent them an email but perhaps someone has already had a response here which might help me anticipate what to do.

For reference the issue I am having is the software can only be downloaded on a Windows processor, which I don't have access to. I am also concerned that they provided a deadline of less than 48 hours.
I seem to remember this being an issue last year too - I don't know why they've persisted with it again this year, given the restrictions students have in accessing a compatible device...

Reactions: SK16 and M&ALawyer

CorporateB3

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hi All,

I just got offered the summer VS with JD (!!!), although I preferred Spring. In fact, I chose to interview earlier and took a last minute slot after someone cancelled in order to ensure that I had a better shot at the Spring VS. I'm a bit concerned because other firms I have applied to, or progressed with have overlapping schemes. Is it highly inappropriate to ask if it would be possible to be moved to the spring, if possible? Otherwise, I fear that this will be detrimental for any other firms that require a VS with them. Of course, I'd take the summer VS if they can't move me.

In the alternative, Bakers for example, has the same process for VS and TC applicants. I am in the process at VI stage, can I ask them to change my application to a direct TC?

Very confused, as I just don't know what the right thing to do is, and I'd like to have options given that I'm an international student.

Would appreciate any/all advice! Thank you. Do you have any advice @Jessica Booker @Jaysen

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Hi All,

I just got offered the summer VS with JD (!!!), although I preferred Spring. In fact, I chose to interview earlier and took a last minute slot after someone cancelled in order to ensure that I had a better shot at the Spring VS. I'm a bit concerned because other firms I have applied to, or progressed with have overlapping schemes. Is it highly inappropriate to ask if it would be possible to be moved to the spring, if possible? Otherwise, I fear that this will be detrimental for any other firms that require a VS with them. Of course, I'd take the summer VS if they can't move me.

In the alternative, Bakers for example, has the same process for VS and TC applicants. I am in the process at VI stage, can I ask them to change my application to a direct TC?

Very confused, as I just don't know what the right thing to do is, and I'd like to have options given that I'm an international student.

Would appreciate any/all advice! Thank you. Do you have any advice @Jessica Booker @Jaysen
Congrats! Have you got any tips for the interview? It would be so appreciated

Reactions: Teniola Adigun and jan28
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.