Status
Not open for further replies.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Hi, not sure if this has been answered. Where a firm references themselves with an abbreviation of their name should you still use their full name? For example Orrick reference themselves as Orrick in their own questions but not sure if I should use Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe or not?

I got through to interview w Orrick and just wrote their name as Orrick as thats what they call themselves :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    So uh... someone wanna tell me how to get a high score in the WG?
    I literally analyse things for my degree every hour of every day but this test just shoots me in the foot.
    gordon ramsey GIF
    Do it with a tip sheet in front of you to remind you of what to think when you're answering each section of the test - I did that and it really helped me! Would be happy to send over a word document myself and a friend put together if that'd be helpful?

Kopperskjold

Star Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    I won't lie I honestly don't think that this is that rude. Like obviously it isn't overly friendly, but I wouldn't call it rude. Just an opinion from a neutral observer but yeah- it's them just reiterating their policy stance and applying that consistently no?
    Haha in fairness I'm not English so maybe it's just a cultural thing... anyway I do think that knowing how stressful these processes are, and how many rejections students get, they should be try to be friendlier.

I disagree with you though, as by saying this isn't "overly friendly" you're implying it may still be "friendly", which I don't think it's the case.

• Haha
    Reactions: TiredPG and Kola

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Do it with a tip sheet in front of you to remind you of what to think when you're answering each section of the test - I did that and it really helped me! Would be happy to send over a word document myself and a friend put together if that'd be helpful?
    Can I request a copy of that also please if you don't mind.

RyanM1

Star Member
    Jan 4, 2021
    Great tip Daniel - I have another WG to do this weekend and would really appreciate if you could send the document to me also if possible please!

leolegal

Distinguished Member
    Dec 23, 2020
    Hey, I would love a copy of this too please! Could you please send it to me? Thank you :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Yes please - thank you, as always!

Kopperskjold

Star Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    So uh... someone wanna tell me how to get a high score in the WG?
    I literally analyse things for my degree every hour of every day but this test just shoots me in the foot.
    gordon ramsey GIF

I've done well in mine so far and I'd say something that's very useful to me is being aware of the degree of "common knowledge" that I should use for each section :) and including that in your "cheat sheet".

I think that may be a useful tip that hasn't been mentioned haha

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Agree to disagree I suppose. I try to be friendly in all emails, as you never know what's going on on the other side of the screen.

Also being informative is sort of the bare minimum when someone is asking you about information you have lol.

GR are extremely busy though so it's the norm to keep things short and sweet. It gives an answer and then explains it. They could have not given an explanation or even ignored the email.

castrooo

Legendary Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    Hi Daniel! If you don't mind, I would be very thankful if you could send me a copy as well :)

Alisha S

Star Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    I just did the Ashurt tests! Kind fun actually xD but running out of time was pretty stressful, especially when you're 0.5 seconds away from completing the click. I believe its used in combination with the application? Or maybe they do have a hidden benchmark (aside from the norm group)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.