2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopperskjold

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
GR are extremely busy though so it's the norm to keep things short and sweet. It gives an answer and then explains it. They could have not given an explanation or even ignored the email.

Umm to be honest I would've said "I'm sorry but we don't share the results externally" in the second email.

I know it seems like a detail but having worked as a lawyer in another jurisdiction for 3 years I'd say those things matter.

I do understand it's probably a cultural thing haha I'll just have to get used to English graduate recruiters.

Reactions: Ricky

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
May 5, 2020
Cheeky gowling rejection in my junk mail 😇
Yeah just got mine - I even had a mini do-over. Had IT issues during the vid interview so asked if I could do it again and they said yes.

I literally knew the questions to a video interview and prepped the answers in advance and I still got the PFO.

I’ve been doing this for four years, had plenty of rejections in my time - but this one hurts.
idris elba table flip GIF

U98

Nov 15, 2019
I just received a case study interview invite for Mishcon - can't believe it, I've had so many rejections by this point!! For all those waiting, I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be disheartened - I was convinced my VI was unsuccessful not having heard back for a while. This is my first interview, so if anyone who previously interviewed with them has any tips, I'd be so grateful!

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2020
Might seem like a silly question, but I was rejected from a firm post-AC and they said I could arrange a feedback call so I did, but it’s been about 2 weeks and I’ve had no response, is it worth chasing it up?

Reactions: Andrew M

layk

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Jul 16, 2019
Do it with a tip sheet in front of you to remind you of what to think when you're answering each section of the test - I did that and it really helped me! Would be happy to send over a word document myself and a friend put together if that'd be helpful?
I would also really appreciate this!!! :)

MandyAA

Distinguished Member
Jan 20, 2021
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Mishcon post app? (I had technical issues with the site whilst submitting, grad rec assured me they received it but am slightly concerned I may have been missed! :( )
I’m still waiting too! And I’ve been seeing quite a few people being moved to the case study stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.