2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I've received a WG invite today and as soon as I got it I replied with my medical docs for adjustments... GR said they're only active between 9-5pm Mon-Fri but they haven't replied confirming the adjustments and the test is due 9am Monday :/ do you think it's okay for me to just wait to do the test once they send me the adjusted one?
    By any chance, was this FF?

Reactions: AspiringSol

KS94

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    Fucking hell that's horrible! I swear it wasn't me lol.

Thanks for the good wishes! Not gonna lie it's been tough but I'm trying to follow the what doesn't kill you make you stronger approach haha

Feel free to drop me a private message at any time. Sometimes we can all get so caught up with the 'process' that we forget we're all actually in incredibly unusual circumstances (more so if you've just moved to a foreign country!).

My PMs are also open to anyone else struggling through isolation to rant, vent or if you just need someone to talk to :)✌️

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    It’s been 7 months and I still haven’t heard back from White and Case TC. I applied back in June 2020 lol. I did my video interview in October... I am getting tired of waiting lol
    I applied for the direct TC in July - VI in December - then got invited to the telephone interview mid Jan - did that about a week ago. So they are getting back to people slowly. In my telephone interview they did say they had more to do and that I wouldn't hear back for at least a few weeks

Mena M

Star Member
    Dec 16, 2020
    A bit of info for people waiting on FF Vac Scheme pre and post WG - i did the WG in November of last year (not sure why i was sent it that early) and still have heard nothing so I emailed asking for an update today and this was their reply:

"We are still reviewing all applications and you should receive an update by the end of February with regards to your application"
    I emailed too and they said ACs will be starting in the next few weeks also.

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    Do it with a tip sheet in front of you to remind you of what to think when you're answering each section of the test - I did that and it really helped me! Would be happy to send over a word document myself and a friend put together if that'd be helpful?
    If you don’t mind, could I have a copy of this as well? WGs are not my friends 🙈

NA1998

Dec 16, 2020
    Hi, I have a question for the people who have received an AC invite to Bird & Bird. I completed my video interview the 3rd of January but never received an email confirming they have received my video interview. Is this normal? Also on the portal there is a section which says “test - complete” but there isn't a section for the video interview? I'm slightly scared I might have made a mistake when submitting the VI. Thank you so much for your help!

Abgaal

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 24, 2019
    I applied for the direct TC in July - VI in December - then got invited to the telephone interview mid Jan - did that about a week ago. So they are getting back to people slowly. In my telephone interview they did say they had more to do and that I wouldn't hear back for at least a few weeks
    Thank you for telling me this !!

Edward

Star Member
    Aug 11, 2018
    Hopes were dwindling. After Dentons (post-WG), Eversheds (post-app) and Pinsent Masons (post-app) rejections, here we go! TLT Manchester has also flown out of my hands:-( (Despite attending their all events so far, filling out the longest application form I have ever seen, taking me to respond all the questions for ages).

I don't really understand what to do more. Should I send a rocket to space ??? This process is SO insane.

I have only Taylor Wessing (assessment test phase) left in the game for this cycle now.

manifestingaTC

Esteemed Member
  • Nov 5, 2020
    Wouldn't recommend doing this for two reasons:

1. I don’t think GR would tell you anyway because stuff like this can change last minute on the depending on who has urgent meetings/availability, so chances are even on their end they can't guarantee anything.
    2. Finding out whose interviewing you won’t change much. If anything it might make you feel like you have to cater your answers to their practice areas because a) you want to impress them or b) you want to avoid talking about something they know about in case they push you on it, which are both terrible things to do.

I know it’s hard to walk in blind and I totally get the need to control what you can but the interview is about you not the partners, so I'd really recommend just keeping your head down, focusing on your prep and being the best candidate you can be on the day. The rest of it is really non consequential
    thank you! that makes lots of sense. I had been to an AC tips session earlier and they said to research the interviewer beforehand so I was confused!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Dheepa
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.