2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Does the practice WG test on FF's website give you a score after? Or is it one of those ones where it doesn't? Don't wanna waste my time again ahahah

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    I just received a case study interview invite for Mishcon - can't believe it, I've had so many rejections by this point!! For all those waiting, I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be disheartened - I was convinced my VI was unsuccessful not having heard back for a while. This is my first interview, so if anyone who previously interviewed with them has any tips, I'd be so grateful!
    Amazing congrats!! May I ask when you completed your VI? Thanks :)

JayB

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Really love how a lot of you are receiving AC and VI invites, really well done!!!

It seems like I’m the only one still waiting to hear back from all the remaining firms I’ve applied too, this is soul destroying. Only received one AC this year and that was a total flop.

Sad Cry GIF

packhorse

Esteemed Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Really love how a lot of you are receiving AC and VI invites, really well done!!!

It seems like I’m the only one still waiting to hear back from all the remaining firms I’ve applied too, this is soul destroying. Only received one AC this year and that was a total flop.

Sad Cry GIF
    I'm so sorry to hear this... What happened at the AC? In my opinion it is SO difficult to know how they went!

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020

Sad Cry GIF

Theres a lot more rejection than you see on these posts so don't be disheartened! I also am waiting to hear back from so many firms and I sympathise with you that the wait is painful. The AC I got came after I was rejected from PwC today and messed up 2 VIs this week.

Even 1 AC offer is an insane achievement, so focus on that!!! Remember you only need that 1 offer, stay positive, you've got this :)

LegalNim

Legendary Member
    Nov 14, 2019
    This might be a stupid question. I applied to TLT (London, direct TC) and have been offered an AC, but I never did a Watson Glaser for them - I was never sent one or invited to do one at all. Other people have mentioned being rejected post-WG... Have I somehow skipped a step?

• Wow
    Reactions: Andrew M

JayB

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Theres a lot more rejection than you see on these posts so don't be disheartened! I also am waiting to hear back from so many firms and I sympathise with you that the wait is painful. The AC I got came after I was rejected from PwC today and messed up 2 VIs this week.

Even 1 AC offer is an insane achievement, so focus on that!!! Remember you only need that 1 offer, stay positive, you've got this :)
    Thank you so much for your uplifting comment, I’ll keep the faith. All the best for your AC, you’ll smash it I’m sure!! 😊

• 🤝
    Reactions: collie_121

tk166

Esteemed Member
    Jul 17, 2020

Sad Cry GIF
    Hey I just wanted to say that I guarantee you the majority of people that have ACs have been in your position, doubting themselves and getting rejection after rejection, I know I definitely got many rejections before my first positive response! Keep at it and you’ll get positive news very soon xx after all you already got an AC before which is such a good achievement in itself ❤️

tk166

Esteemed Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    I'd like to do some last minute apps (following Jaysen's post here) but realistically how likely is it to be successful? Some of the firms I'd do a last min app to I don't have much research about etc. so I'm not sure if there's much point trying? (Without sounding like negative Nancy)
    If you apply to places like Ropes & Gray or Morgan Lewis & Brockius they’re completely non rolling and have relatively straight forward application questions x

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.