2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Finally finished my last vacation scheme application! 🥳
    mayer brown AC too! (TI was in early jan) thing is i cant make their vac scheme anymore due to uni, do you think they would allow me to change my application to direct TC?
    Mayer Brown AC!!!!!
    Mayer Brown AC!

Amazing, look at you all GO!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!! You all tonight:

national drink wine day GIF

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    PFO from akin Gump post-WG.

"we read your application with interest however this year has seen a particularly swift and competitive process and unfortunately, we are not able to offer any further interviews for our Summer Vacation Scheme."
    Still haven't got that email but I guess it will be on the way! When did you do the WG?

Anna W

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 20, 2020
    Hi! I just received a rejection from Akin Gump saying that my application was read with interest but they are not able to offer any further interview for the summer vacation scheme. They also said that if I decide to apply for a Direct TC my application will be given early consideration. I was wondering if this is just the standard (but very nice) rejection or if I should actually be encouraged to apply for a Direct TC.

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    PFO from akin Gump post-WG.

"we read your application with interest however this year has seen a particularly swift and competitive process and unfortunately, we are not able to offer any further interviews for our Summer Vacation Scheme."

This does seem an encouraging rejection, at least. I got "Unfortunately the result of your critical thinking assessment did not reach our minimum requirement to take forward to interview. Due to the volume of applications we receive unfortunately we are unable to offer any individual feedback."

Perhaps you passed the WG but they genuinely ran out of spaces? I remember this exact same issue happening last year, they fill up spaces very quickly.

Reactions: Deleted member 8599

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Hi! I just received a rejection from Akin Gump saying that my application was read with interest but they are not able to offer any further interview for the summer vacation scheme. They also said that if I decide to apply for a Direct TC my application will be given early consideration. I was wondering if this is just the standard (but very nice) rejection or if I should actually be encouraged to apply for a Direct TC.
    Definitely not standard!

Reactions: cmaj and Anna W
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.