2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishikam

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2021
Do you remember how long you get to prepare each answer for the W&C video interview? :)
You get 3 questions (generated from a random question bank: competency, motivation, commercial), 15 seconds to prep, 90 seconds to answer and you cannot re-record! You're also given 1 practice question.

I have not received a VI yet, but this is what they told us on the first year insight scheme and (I think) it is on their website.

Kelly_

Distinguished Member
Nov 9, 2020
Got a VI invite for V&E!!! This is the first application this cycle where I've gotten through to the next stage and I honestly didn't expect it!!! Last year I did a VI for Simmons & Simmons and it didn't go well so I would really appreciate any advice for VI in general and if anyone has any advice for completing a VI for V&E that would also be really helpful! 😁

Kola

Legendary Member
Sep 27, 2020
Weil VI Invite!! Literally did the WG this morning - very very fast turnaround.

Anyone have any tips re number of Qs and the types of Q they normally ask?

It should only be 2 questions from what I remember. Not sure if I'm allowed to actually tell you what they are on this forum, but expect very basic interview questions that you'd expect to be asked at any interview.

Reactions: MzM

sm2020

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 2, 2021
You get 3 questions (generated from a random question bank: competency, motivation, commercial), 15 seconds to prep, 90 seconds to answer and you cannot re-record! You're also given 1 practice question.

I have not received a VI yet, but this is what they told us on the first year insight scheme and (I think) it is on their website.
thank you so much!

Helpme12345

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
VI from Vinson & Elkins! does anyone have any tips on what kind of questions they ask?

Holy moly, VI from V&E as well. Been a busy day!!

Need to brush up my VI technique!

Got a VI invite for V&E!!! This is the first application this cycle where I've gotten through to the next stage and I honestly didn't expect it!!! Last year I did a VI for Simmons & Simmons and it didn't go well so I would really appreciate any advice for VI in general and if anyone has any advice for completing a VI for V&E that would also be really helpful! 😁

VI from V&E as well! Has anyone experienced it before? Quite nervous since its only 3 questions but 15 minutes!!
I was having a nosey at what happened last year and apparently you could record and re-record as much as you wanted! Unsure if it’ll be the same this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.