2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo M

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jun 6, 2020
    Anyone who applies to Pinsent Masons London still waiting to hear back? Not sure if I should contact grad rec since many people seem to have heard back or just wait
    Will you let me know if you get an email later? Starting to worry, as they had technical issues with emails as well last week with the log in details to give me. Anyway, best of luck!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Those with video interviews, you may find this helpful:

KerC14

Valued Member
    Jan 26, 2020
    This is how I feel waiting to hear from Irwin Mitchell

waiting gif GIF

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Amazing to see so many V&E VI invites - the TCLA community are absolutely smashing it, congratulations to all of you.

Here are some posts to help in your prep!!

https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....w-firm-interviews-monday-article-series.3286/ courtesy of @Jacob Miller!

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    AHHHH, Reed Smith AC invite for Spring Vac!!!! If anyone has any tips about Reed Smith AC's or AC's in general (as this is my first), would be much appreciated :D :D
    You must be one of the first to hear. I did an AC there last cycle. The interview is composed of two parts. A strengths-based assessment and then a case study which you get an hour to read and prep for. Was pretty straight forward. Make sure you give examples, even though you aren't prompted, to back up the strengths. That's what let me down.

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    You must be one of the first to hear. I did an AC there last cycle. The interview is composed of two parts. A strengths-based assessment and then a case study which you get an hour to read and prep for. Was pretty straight forward. Make sure you give examples, even though you aren't prompted, to back up the strengths. That's what let me down.
    Thanks Ricky for the help! Do you know if the strengths interview is with Grad Recruitment or Partners/Associates? Congrats on your Macfarlanes VS offer as well :cool:

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Thanks Ricky for the help! Do you know if the strengths interview is with Grad Recruitment or Partners/Associates? Congrats on your Macfarlanes VS offer as well :cool:
    Both parts were with the same two people: a partner and HR. There was also a small mark-up exercise in the case study as well.

Reactions: Haz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.