2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopperskjold

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hi everyone! Is it weird that I haven't heard back from Linklaters (10 Dec), Kirkland & Ellis (3 Jan), Hogan Lovells (3 Jan), HSF (4 Dec), CSM (4 Jan) and Latham (3 Jan)? They all closed a while ago. Don't get me wrong I still appreciate I didn't receive those six PFOs during the same week lol. But now I'm wondering if it's weird that I haven't heard back from any of them.

Reactions: M0723

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hi everyone! Is it weird that I haven't heard back from Linklaters (10 Dec), Kirkland & Ellis (3 Jan), Hogan Lovells (3 Jan), HSF (4 Dec), CSM (4 Jan) and Latham (3 Jan)? They all closed a while ago. Don't get me wrong I still appreciate I didn't receive those six PFOs during the same week lol. But now I'm wondering if it's weird that I haven't heard back from any of them.
I think the average is like 5-7 weeks to hear back, well in my case it has been so don’t worry no news is good news

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
In the same boat with Linklaters and Latham... 😰

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    @Jaysen @Jacob Miller and other members of the tcla team

I was wondering if you had any tips for sub headings regarding written exercises? For example, recommending a course of action to a client? But for other firms of WE too.

I have a W&C AC coming up with a long WE element (details currently unclear) and I would love to go in with some idea of how to structure advice successfully :)

Hi!

Completely agree with Jaysen that whatever sub-headings you use is very dependent on the actual content of the case study. That being said I'm going to link you to this post here. https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/case-study-structure.3295/#post-54892

Alice's reply has some pretty good suggestions on ways you could analyse overarching themes in the case study and I think they could also be used as sub-headings.

Kopperskjold

Star Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    I think the average is like 5-7 weeks to hear back, well in my case it has been so don’t worry no news is good news
    Ohh thanks so much! I was a bit confused haha
    In the same boat with Linklaters and Latham... 😰
    I'm surprised about Linklaters haha it's been two months, although I did received an email on 14 Dec 2020 saying my app was under review.

Does everyone get two 'high' attributes and one 'low' attribute?
    If you mean the SJT I sent off my application on Saturday and received the test on Sunday :)
    Ohh yeah sorry I did take that. I just thought there was an additional WG test after that haha.

Reactions: Legalmel_99

stemlawgal

Distinguished Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 8, 2020
    I got a PFO from Hogan Lovells ages ago, but havent heard from Links at all (app submitted end of Oct)

CF1234

Star Member
    Dec 15, 2020
    hey, if i haven't heard back from bakers about the spring scheme yet (post AC) can I presume I'm getting rejected? the waiting is torturous. has anyone else been rejected yet? will quite gutted if I don't get in, but just want to know!!

Legallin

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 20, 2020
    Ohh thanks so much! I was a bit confused haha

I'm surprised about Linklaters haha it's been two months, although I did received an email on 14 Dec 2020 saying my app was under review.

Does everyone get two 'high' attributes and one 'low' attribute?

Ohh yeah sorry I did take that. I just thought there was an additional WG test after that haha.
    Haha nope don’t think there’s a separate WG! Also for linklaters I applied for direct TC in like December, never received anything from them but checked my portal and it said I’d been rejected so might be worth checking :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.