2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

H48

Star Member
Oct 9, 2020
Congratulations! Which office did you apply for and when did you do the application?
Thank you! I applied to Glasgow and applied on the deadline, so I count myself very lucky - not sure how their recruitment works but I think I might have done pretty well on the WG and that's why I was progressed so quickly? But that's just my theory haha

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
I have an interview mid feb -first choice summer scheme
I know some have had interviews + been offered places already

Hi guys who were talking about Jones Day interviews--I have mine later this month, I think I originally submitted for spring scheme (or maybe both?) and I got this email from them:

"Thank you for your application for a Jones Day Spring placement.

I am writing to let you know that, as we recruit on a rolling basis, we have now filled all our places for our Spring Scheme and are progressing applications for our Summer Scheme."

It then said basically we will interview you for summer now, unless you email to say that you are already busy for summer.

• ℹ️
Reactions: H Chambers and jan28

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
Hi guys who were talking about Jones Day interviews--I have mine later this month, I think I originally submitted for spring scheme (or maybe both?) and I got this email from them:

"Thank you for your application for a Jones Day Spring placement.

I am writing to let you know that, as we recruit on a rolling basis, we have now filled all our places for our Spring Scheme and are progressing applications for our Summer Scheme."

It then said basically we will interview you for summer now, unless you email to say that you are already busy for summer.
this makes me so much more nervous. the earliest date i could’ve chosen was early march so hopefully they won’t all be filled by then

l0133

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 14, 2020
If completed VI for Addleshaw Goddard but haven't heard back re AC yet is it more likely to be a PFO? I know it's best not to overthink things, but have seen some AC and VS offers and curious!

Reactions: M1999

SamTam99

Legendary Member
Jan 5, 2021
If completed VI for Addleshaw Goddard but haven't heard back re AC yet is it more likely to be a PFO? I know it's best not to overthink things, but have seen some AC and VS offers and curious!
If it makes you feel better, there’s a ton of us who haven’t even heard back post application yet! 🤣 I wouldn’t stress until they email you with a rejection, until then, no news is good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.