2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

U98

Nov 15, 2019
Me too! Yeah, would appreciate if anybody had any tips on how to prepare for the case study and how to perform well.
Just received Mishcon case study! Does anyone know what to expect? Or how best I can prepare for a case study? Haven’t done one before so any general advice in case studies would be really appreciated! :)
Hey, I've done it and I'd say:

-Don't worry about preparing anything specific to Mishcon (apart from which departments they have to help guide your responses) because all the questions are based on the case study itself
-You'll be given about half an hour to prepare and then will be expected to give a ten min presentation before being asked some questions so make sure to be confident in expressing yourself
-Address the issues first and express your opinion before moving onto the main points of your presentation and then give a conclusion to reinforce what you've said
-It was my first time doing a case study too and not being able to highlight or make notes as you normally would on the screen made it a little more difficult, but I personally found making a quick mind map with key info helped me throughout
-The HR team and the interviewer were all really nice - so go into it being confident and looking for to it! You've got nothing to lose

• 🏆
  • 🤝
Reactions: Tan, Alison C, L296 and 2 others

Legallin

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 20, 2020
Hey, I've done it and I'd say:

-Don't worry about preparing anything specific to Mishcon (apart from which departments they have to help guide your responses) because all the questions are based on the case study itself
-You'll be given about half an hour to prepare and then will be expected to give a ten min presentation before being asked some questions so make sure to be confident in expressing yourself
-Address the issues first and express your opinion before moving onto the main points of your presentation and then give a conclusion to reinforce what you've said
-It was my first time doing a case study too and not being able to highlight or make notes as you normally would on the screen made it a little more difficult, but I personally found making a quick mind map with key info helped me throughout
-The HR team and the interviewer were all really nice - so go into it being confident and looking for to it! You've got nothing to lose
Thank you so much! This is really really helpful :)

Reactions: Alison C

KS94

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 21, 2018
    Sorry about the search function being down again guys. We'll have this back up and running asap.

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news on this again!!

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

Reactions: Jaysen

Alisha S

Star Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    I applied for the Birmingham office and heard back today, they might be doing it all in batches.
    Same boat for Birmingham, but it looks like they're only starting to reply

Speak of the devil, DWF rejection just came through for me! Looks like they're getting to a lot of people though

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    sitting here crying bc I got a VI for BCLP - I keep looking at the email to double check that I didn't just dream it up out of sheer willpower
    does ANYONE have any tips bc this is my first ever VI and BCLP are probably my favourite ever firm and I don't want to screw it up
    also, just wanna say thanks to everyone on here - I 100% used tips and advice from here in my app so thank you all ♥️

for those wondering - I applied on 28/01 so like 3 days before the deadline

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.