2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OH

Star Member
Future Trainee
Nov 24, 2018
Congratulations on getting to AC! Can I ask what dates were available when you looked?
There was only one date next Thursday and the email explicitly said it is in my interests to accept the earliest one because they recruit on a rolling basis. Also re other person who said switching to a later AC, I meant the vacation scheme dates themselves, as opposed to the AC date.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Does anyone know what will happen if a firm tries to contact me by phone and can't get through?

I'm in a really weird situation, in which my phone doesn't usually get a signal from my student accommodation but I can't change providers because I'm on a 12-month contract.

Apparently, one of the firms I applied to (Taylor Wessing) is inviting people to the AC by phone, so I'm terrified I won't be reachable. Should I email them to let them know?
    They will email you instead don't worry haha I missed my vac scheme offer call from Weil a couple of years ago because my phone number hadn't changed over to my Argentinian number when I was studying in South America and so I completely missed it 😂 I then got an email maybe a week later confirming the call (which I never had) and the offer so I had to frantically apologise to the partner who rang me for missing it haha.

But yeah if you're worried about that it'd probably be good to get ahead of the situation and explain to them your circumstances.

Reactions: Jaysen

ilovetheDLR

Star Member
  • Feb 10, 2021
    Heard back this morning from Mayer Brown, with invite to AC next week, after TI back in December, so they're still going. I've just emailed asking if I can interview directly for a TC instead though, as I can't make any of the dates due to clashes.
    Can I ask how you word these e-mails? is there a certain way to do it or am I overthinking 😂

Reactions: OH

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    @JoeyTr
    How You Doin Flirting GIF

Kubed

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    In general, when are referees contacted? I'm assuming it varies from firm to firm but is the norm for contact to be made after an offer is made?

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020
    In general, when are referees contacted? I'm assuming it varies from firm to firm but is the norm for contact to be made after an offer is made?
    Yes, it's normally only after the firm have made you an offer as it would be quite tedious for a firm to contact every referee of every person that applies!

Reactions: Kubed
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.