2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
Jan 27, 2020
in the middle of a VI yesterday, a bunch of birds decided to start screaming at each other right outside my window
Tobey Maguire Reaction GIF

C

Carys Holland

Bit of a rogue question here: it's looking like I'll need to do another round of apps next cycle, since this year has been a bust. Only issue is that (covid-allowing) I'm due to be on the other side of the world from the middle of July for my year abroad. Will firms accommodate me when it comes to interviews and allow me to participate in ACs virtually, or would I be expected to come back to the UK to interview in person?
Hey, I obviously am no expert but I’ve met quite a few trainees at firms who were on years abroad when they got hired! Most firms in general I think are quite accommodating as they understand you may be on a year abroad or even live abroad, but obviously will differ on a firm to firm basis. I suggest maybe emailing the firms you’re most interested in now and explaining your situation, as then also you can be prepared next year in case they do need you to fly back/have a video call etc

Hope this helps! I’m no expert but I remember speaking to a trainee who was hired whilst she was on a gap year working on a boat haha

• 🤝
Reactions: stemlawgal

Mxkry

Legendary Member
Oct 13, 2020
hello pals, I know some people have heard back from Ashurst already (many congrats!), I was wondering whether there was anyone still waiting for the summer VS? I applied around 5 days before the deadline and it says my app is 'in inbox' so I'm not sure if anyone is in a similar position!
i'm still waiting and my app is still in inbox. I applied either a day before on the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.