2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRM19

M&A Bootcamp
Aug 11, 2020
Hey, did anyone give you any tips about the written exercise? Got mine this week and not sure how to prepare!
Hey! I completed the exercise - there's not really much you can prepare for it. Its quite a standard analytical exercise - it didn't seem to require overly complicated knowledge. Time management is the key thing I took away from it! Good luck!

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
Thanks, guys! My issue is that I don’t know where to find my extra time plan from uni because it was years ago and I stupidly didn’t think I’d ever need it again.
Maybe email your uni for it or search for it in the subject bar I’m assuming you’ve done that but that’s my first point of call for something like this or maybe reach out to your uni personal tutor? Hope this helps x

Reactions: Veep9

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
Are you sure? Do you mind me asking when you heard this? Bc they've rejected loads of people but I still haven't been rejected.
Yeah, unfortunately this is true. I was unable to attend my AC due to medical problems and they were unable to reschedule as it was the last one. I was told this by grad rec on Friday :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, I am looking for some advice please. In the long run, I want to secure a TC at a MC/US firm. I have applications from this cycle that I am still waiting on but I am, admittedly, planning for most to be rejected. This is my first cycle and I have yet to secure a VS. Given my long-term aspirations, would securing any VS (e.g. from smaller national firms) be helpful for me at the moment or would MC/US firms 'look down' on it?

I personally believe any experience is better than no experience but law firms could see it differently. I would appreciate your insight on the matter :) Thank you!
Some experience is better than no experience. It won’t be looked down upon, but you just might need to justify both in applications and interviews why you decided to apply to smaller national firms and now aim for something different.

MC/US firms are not the be all and end all. I think a lot of people get caught up in the supposed glamour of working for those firms. There will be plenty of others that will give you a similar experience that don’t fall into that category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.