2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH97

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 30, 2019
anyone who has done Macfarlanes AC, do they ask many follow ups during the competency interview ?
I imagine every interview could differ but my interviewers didn't really - I went into quite a lot of depth in my answers though because I was conscious that they hadn't seen my application and knew nothing about me/my experiences

Reactions: kls

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hello I applied to Gateley I’ve not heard back Since but when I applied a thought it was an assessment centre? What’s the next stage after this Interactive Assessment?
    Im wondering the same thing! I’m not sure if this replaces the assessment centre or if it’s a step before

wdclarke

Feb 22, 2021
    Hello I applied to Gateley I’ve not heard back Since but when I applied a thought it was an assessment centre? What’s the next stage after this Interactive Assessment?
    I've just been invited to a 45min 'interactive assessment' including situational judgement, numerical and verbal reasoning followed by an interview. Sounds like a nightmare!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Currently on 666 pages of this thread...

devil GIF

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    anyone who has done Macfarlanes AC, do they ask many follow ups during the competency interview ?
    it might vary between partners but i had quite a few but they came up quite naturally. like if they asked me a question on resilience and i gave an example of a difficult situation, they in turn asked me 'how do you deal with stress normally then?'

Reactions: kls

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021

I’m sure it differs quite a lot like what others have said but with mine I went into quite a lot of depth anyway and then they asked a few related questions (I guess you could call them follow ups)

As an interview I found it flowed quite naturally from question to follow up to another question!

Hope that helps ☺️

Reactions: ellwilsen and jan28
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.