Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Im trying to write an app question on a diversity initiative I was involved with, is it bad vibes to say that the society was predisposed to a white demographic? The whole goal of my role was to change the image and membership of the society to better reflect the university body but seems inflammatory to say white, private school demographic but also don't want to be vague
Just be careful of language. Saying something like “the existing membership was disproportionately represented by privately educated and non-minority groups” isn’t inflammatory.

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    BCLP AC!!!!!! Insane bc I only finished my interview with them like 2 hours ago 😭 😭 😭
    I've never done an AC before so if anyone has any general AC tips that would be fab!! And if anyone has BCLP-specific AC tips that would be even more fab! Just shoot me a dm ☺️

Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I booked the AC date, there was only one date I could book so I asked grad recruitment if they had any more slots, but they said they didn't currently have any as they were at the end of their recruitment cycle - however, I'm guessing if they don't fill up their spots from the ACs they've currently got going, then they might open up another one :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    BCLP AC!!!!!! Insane bc I only finished my interview with them like 2 hours ago 😭 😭 😭
    I've never done an AC before so if anyone has any general AC tips that would be fab!! And if anyone has BCLP-specific AC tips that would be even more fab! Just shoot me a dm ☺️

Also, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when I booked the AC date, there was only one date I could book so I asked grad recruitment if they had any more slots, but they said they didn't currently have any as they were at the end of their recruitment cycle - however, I'm guessing if they don't fill up their spots from the ACs they've currently got going, then they might open up another one :)
    Congratulations! That is absolutely amazing!

But I am equally confused - I am doing an open day with them on thurs, wonder why they would invite me to that to just reject me... guess I will just wait and see?

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020

But I am equally confused - I am doing an open day with them on thurs, wonder why they would invite me to that to just reject me... guess I will just wait and see?
    Thank you!

I was thinking of you specifically when I was writing this actually haha bc I remembered you saying that they didn't reply to your VS app but somehow invited you to an open day - honestly, I have no idea what that means! I've been on many events with the firm though and they are always so so helpful so either way, you should be getting some fab insight :)

sorry I couldn't be more helpful though!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Thank you!

I was thinking of you specifically when I was writing this actually haha bc I remembered you saying that they didn't reply to your VS app but somehow invited you to an open day - honestly, I have no idea what that means! I've been on many events with the firm though and they are always so so helpful so either way, you should be getting some fab insight :)

sorry I couldn't be more helpful though!
    Dont worry at all - I am wondering if they are using the open day to filter out other applications or anything. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to not reject me. They said to me that they will be adding my attendance to my application when considering it. The firm seems a lil chaotic this year ahahha.

Best of luck though, when is your AC?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

That might be why they aren’t offering any additional places YET!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    That might be why they aren’t offering any additional places YET!
    Jess, don't give me hope like that. I am so broken
    Black Widow Avengers GIF

Reactions: AspiringSol
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.