2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Thought I would just put this on here in case it can lift someone’s mood. The jobs market is so competitive this year and many companies (not just law related) have been taken aback by the number of applications. Don’t be too hard on yourself, a rejection doesn’t in any way at all mean you aren’t good enough! One firm I know of got over 2,000 applications in a week for 6 graduate roles, this year is insane. Be kind to yourselves and look after your health too!

axd

Dec 11, 2020
Does anyone else have a non-law job offer that they're seriously considering taking over a TC?? I got on the Fast Stream this year and I absolutely hated my 2nd year uni modules (tort/land especially) so if Dechert doesn't come thru with that £100,000 NQ salary I'm not sure what else could possibly motivate me to do the LPC 😂
I would definitely echo what people have said here about the fast stream being an amazing opportunity. Also, I know of people who studied law, completed the fast stream and then went on to train to be a solicitor. It is really valuable experience even if you decide you do want to take the law route!

CareerChanger

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    applaud this message. also, i think you have to all congratulate yourselves for even getting it together enough to put in an application to these places given we are in the midst of a literal pandemic and can barely leave our houses.
    Thought I would just put this on here in case it can lift someone’s mood. The jobs market is so competitive this year and many companies (not just law related) have been taken aback by the number of applications. Don’t be too hard on yourself, a rejection doesn’t in any way at all mean you aren’t good enough! One firm I know of got over 2,000 applications in a week for 6 graduate roles, this year is insane. Be kind to yourselves and look after your health too!

Reactions: axd and Jaysen

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Not only is the job market competitive, but uni students have more time to dedicate to careers and churn out more applications. It's a rough year for all!

anon101

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 2, 2020
    Hi all. I take it it’s a PFO from Taylor Wessing. Submitted my Arctic shores 17th Jan and haven’t heard a peep since. Ahhhhh!

also, Baker McKenzie summer vac scheme - submitted my VI on 9th Feb and nothing. Anyone else heard back?
    About Bakers, I did my VI on the 10th and have not heard back either. But the e-mail they sent for the VI said "candidates will find out whether their application has been successful by no later than the end of February 2021."

So I'm guessing we'll hear something today or tomorrow, fingers crossed! 😅

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Not only is the job market competitive, but uni students have more time to dedicate to careers and churn out more applications. It's a rough year for all!
    I agree with you Celestie, I have four years paralegal experience and currently looking for another role. It is a nightmare, but I have another interview for a civil servant position. I am going to be happy anyway..even if I do not become a solicitor

Reactions: thirdtimelucky
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.