2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-M96

Jan 6, 2021
For Womble Bond Dickinson, the application deadline is 28th February- does that mean I've got until the end of tomorrow to submit it? Sorry, might be a silly question, just wanted to make sure haha.
Yes:)

I'm a little confused myself. How have you complete the education section? Have you added say, three education sections, one for GCSE, one for A-level and the other university and just done overall grade? Or a different section for every single grade? K don't think its clear.

Naomi U

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
Dec 8, 2019
Hey guys! I would really appreciate some advice.

I'm feeling very very burnt out by this process. I received 6 AC invitations (which I am truly grateful for) but I am finding myself becoming more and more exhausted by each one. I have three coming up this week (Monday Tuesday and Wednesday) and I am tempted to drop out of one as I think doing all three will not only have a negative impact on my performance but also my mental health. I wake up each morning in a panic, am exhausted throughout the day and am starting to develop really bad self doubt. However, I do not want to regret my decision of not attending the AC.

If anyone has any experience with this please let me know :(
Hiya!

I'm sorry you are feeling burnt out. I had a very similar experience but in person when I had 3 interviews back to back also. You can imagine, the additional stress of waking up super early to catch the train into the city then coming back home to relax then prepare three times over was definitely exhausting.

However, I think as hard as it sounds it's really a matter of just pushing past the tiredness if it's something you really want. The fact that you got 6ACs is absolutely amazing and clearly shows that you have what it takes so you need to believe that.

From my experience, I actually found that it got a bit easier as by my second and third interview I'd answered effectively most of the same questions that it became a bit more natural and I prepped less each night.

It is your decision at the end of the day and only you will know what your gut is telling you to do. Don't be afraid to prioritise how you are feeling and your mental health.

Nevertheless, although it's definitely a challenge, it can pay off (I got 2 out of the 3 ACs I did back to back)

Hope this helps & best of luck ☺️

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Guys anyone received a rejection from Travers Smith post application for summer VS. As I have heard that Travers Smith reject everyone at the end with sorry we couldn't interview everyone, Do they still do that for the summer VS.

atrumregina

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2020
    me seeing everyone get an AC in their first/second cycle while I am 2 years after graduation and have never got past app in my 3rd cycle

Inside Out Reaction GIF

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    The BPP PGDL induction week started on Monday 7th September 2020 and teaching started on 14th September.
    Induction week was 28 September at ULaw and teaching started the following week on 5th October
    I am LLB Law student at BPP and we started somewhere around 26th September and GDL students started a week or 2 befpore that.

superstars thank you!!!!!!! Knew I could count on the TCLA gang x

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    This might not be the best place to post this, but it’s the most popular thread! I was wondering if anyone could just mention some major commercial trends right now? I know that’s a big ask, but I’m trying to consolidate my general commercial awareness and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything major
    examples of what I’m on about haha:
    There has been a decrease in demand for physical retail stores due to the pandemic, but an increase in demand for online retail at the same time, with ASOS and Boohoo buying parts of Arcadia and Debenhams respectively.

Due to the electric goals from the EU and also the UK, carmakers have been focusing their efforts to electric vehicles, with many of them setting targets for when all their models will be at least partly electric, like JLR, GM, Ford, but the manufacturer of Mercedes has not done this, as their combustion engine is their main source of income and they claim that they need this in order to fund their electric ventures

(one last example - sorry for how long this post is!)
    Big Tech firms have been facing major problems, including issues with the Australian government, who want them to pay news outlets to advertise their news. Also, India has implemented new rules for social media companies after Twitter refused to help hand over social media influencers who were supporting the farmers during the farmers protests. These new rules mean that social media companies must cooperate with the Indian government in similar situations.

I’d appreciate any help - thank you!!

Reactions: C
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.