2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hey all! Just a brief note in re making presumptions over whether X firm will be sending you a PFO:

Don't.

In this game, it really isn't over 'till the fat lady sings. While it's getting later in the day for the application process, you have to also remember that this is the first application cycle to be screwed around by COVID and WFH - all the measures only kicked in end of March last year. While under normal circumstances most firms would have got through most of their work in re apps by now, the fact remains that EVERYONE is behind due to restrictions and EVERYONE'S timeframes have been elongated.

It's generally speaking unusual to be totally ghosted by firms (unless you're poor @Jaysen still holding out on a TC offer six years down the line 👀), so honestly don't make presumptions one way or another because you end up doing yourself a disservice!

It ain't over till it's over! And, with that, I'm off to make my third coffee of the morning.

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    I fully expect a PFO post VI for mine -> I didn't slip up or anything, but my answers to some of the questions were a little sus. Especially the one which asked for a fun fact about me.

my fun fact was “my fun fact about me is” followed by my eyes darting desperately around the room and then the recording stopped 😅😅

FM302989

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    Wild one, but I'll put it out there for TCLA squad gang. I've got an interview with a small City based firm next week. I was wondering if there's a decent bundle of generic law interview questions that I can do some prep with over the week. I guess why law, why us, dealing with teams, difficult situations are standard but if there are any others, that would be fab.

I think the best prep is always to know my own experiences so I can respond to questions on the fly, but prep never hurts!

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Wild one, but I'll put it out there for TCLA squad gang. I've got an interview with a small City based firm next week. I was wondering if there's a decent bundle of generic law interview questions that I can do some prep with over the week. I guess why law, why us, dealing with teams, difficult situations are standard but if there are any others, that would be fab.

I think the best prep is always to know my own experiences so I can respond to questions on the fly, but prep never hurts!
    https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/175-training-contract-interview-questions-2/

this is what I use

• 🏆
    Reactions: Jaysen and FM302989
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.