2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
Sorry I missed this until now - yes, 100% this is something worth doing, especially for firms who recruit rolling! I also made sure my CV was 100% on point and up-to-date for apps that ask you to submit it as well.
Pre-cycle open, you can also complete substantive research on firms, identify key jobs worth discussing in apps, etc - these are all things which require substantial working hours at the time and can slow down your whole app process :)
Perfect Jacob, thanks so much! Will give myself a break from this app season and then start on this:)

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
I did this! I think it is good way to reduce the stress of writing quality apps during the busy season when you'd be swamped with uni. It only backfired miserably once when I'd written out my answers for the questions on the NRF application and they decided to change it last year to a cover letter. I was super 😒😒 about it but all the research I had already done was really helpful for the cover letter anyway.
Thanks a lot Dheepa!! Hopefully this doesn't happen to every app I prep before next season 😂

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Thanks, Jaysen!

Having been an avid user of TCLA over the past two years, it is a true pleasure to be joining TCLA's forum team!

By way of background, I am a final-year Philosophy student at the University of Warwick, and a future trainee at Allen & Overy. I have also had vacation schemes at Bird & Bird, CMS (offer), Herbert Smith Freehills, and Weil, Gotshal & Manges (offer).

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask them. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you all around the forum, answering your questions, and contributing to discussions!

All the best,

Neville
    Welcome Neville! Great to have you with us :D

Reactions: Jaysen and Anon08

Staples

Legendary Member
  • Sep 11, 2020
    me on my way to Penningtons grad rec to try to get a post-ac outcome
    drag race flirting GIF by Tazo Tea
    I haven’t even got a post app outcome... 🙁 I know I sound like a broken record about them, but I LIKED them and they GHOSTED me so hard

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Thanks, Jaysen!

Having been an avid user of TCLA over the past two years, it is a true pleasure to be joining TCLA's forum team!

By way of background, I am a final-year Philosophy student at the University of Warwick, and a future trainee at Allen & Overy. I have also had vacation schemes at Bird & Bird, CMS (offer), Herbert Smith Freehills, and Weil, Gotshal & Manges (offer).

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask them. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you all around the forum, answering your questions, and contributing to discussions!

All the best,

Neville
    Hey Neville, great to have you here!

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Hi all! I just wanted to check if I understood something correctly
    With SPACs, what is the reason why firms are going to the US stock markets for these? Is it because of the current UK regulations that mean when the SPAC has identified a target, they can no longer trade? If so, how is it known when a SPAC has identified a target? Do they announce it?

Thank you!

Reactions: lawloser

Pierre343

Standard Member
    Feb 4, 2021
    Hi all! I just wanted to check if I understood something correctly
    With SPACs, what is the reason why firms are going to the US stock markets for these? Is it because of the current UK regulations that mean when the SPAC has identified a target, they can no longer trade? If so, how is it known when a SPAC has identified a target? Do they announce it?

Thank you!
    yeah so i think its in london when they are going to merge, shares are suspended for the purpose of doing this. In Amsterdam and in the US shareholders have a Redemption Right which means they can exit with their money at this stage, but in the UK they don't, which makes it less attractive from a shareholder standpoint. I think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.