2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Received an email saying my AC outcome has been delayed due to partner availability. Not sure whether to feel more or less hopeful?
    Wouldn't worry, this has happened to me before and isn't a big deal, just means a partner is on annual leave (or hasn't had a minute to breathe let along discuss stuff with GR, probs the latter)

relentlesspursuit

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 26, 2019
    I think the use of spellcheck in an outside programme has been discussed before with much controversy.....I just used Topscore for the Willkie assessment and it saves every 2 seconds. I’d imagine they would be able to see if your work progressed over time or if you suddenly pasted a load of text but I don’t know for sure.
    Hi Chloe - I've just finished mine too and wondering if you got any kind of email notification after you submitted yours?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Those of you working on your commercial awareness, I'd recommend having a read of the budget tomorrow. For TCLA, we'll be watching out for the likely increase in corporation tax!

Aiming to write a short summary of the most relevant points in our newsletter tomorrow, so feel free to subscribe if you haven't already :)

nisadee

Valued Member
    Oct 9, 2019
    It's definitely a balancing act. I started with a list of 12 firms I intended on applying to this year. But when I started receiving VI invites from my earlier applications, I realised I just wasn't going to have the time to complete all of the others to a good standard, on top of working and studying. So I ended up only applying for 7 vac schemes in the end.

Good luck for your upcoming AC though. :)
    Yeah the exact same thing happens to me!

Thank you!

relentlesspursuit

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 26, 2019
    No but it did say on screen that we wouldn’t get an email confirmation. How did it go? I think I overthought it and only managed to get halfway through 🙄🤦🏽‍♀️
    Ah I must have missed that. Mine could have gone worse tbh. Managed to get most of my thoughts down but feel like I missed a couple points too. But it seems like you can never hit all the points so maybe don't worry too much (I say that while equally worrying over here 😅)

Reactions: Chloe L

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Someone please HELP!

I have an NRF phone interview V soon loool.

How long do my answers have to be?

Currently 3-5 mins? Is that ok?

@Jacob Miller
    5 minutes will be pretty long. Rather than thinking about how long they are in time, think about whether you are really focusing on what is relevant detail to include. Your interviewers are only going to remember so much of what you say, so how do you ensure you cut out the unnecessary/self explanatory/boring detail so your interviewer just remembers the important bit.

Remember your interviewer can ask follow up questions if they want further detail too.

Assuming your telephone interview is probably only going to be 30 mins or so, 5 minute answers would mean they could only really ask you 3 questions once you factor in all the other necessary parts of an interview.

Reactions: FM302989 and Dwight

Chloe L

Valued Member
    Dec 24, 2020
    Ah I must have missed that. Mine could have gone worse tbh. Managed to get most of my thoughts down but feel like I missed a couple points too. But it seems like you can never hit all the points so maybe don't worry too much (I say that while equally worrying over here 😅)
    Ah good! That sounds positive for you! Ye, I don’t think it went well at all so I’m actually past worrying. I’m just waiting now

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.