2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Me on my fourth cycle having never got to AC, seeing people getting multiple vac schemes on their first cycle

bang head can't think GIF't think GIF
    Have you had people like @Jaysen read over your applications?

els124

Distinguished Member
    Sep 26, 2020
    What do NRF mean when they say they are "recognised for their industry focus"? Do they mean their structure is based on industries rather than practice areas?

Last edited:

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Addleshaw Goddard VS offer!! Only had my AC yesterday and didn't expect to hear back so soon! First ever cycle and received 3 AC invites which turned into 3 VS offers- over the moon and could not have done it without the help of this forum so thank you everyone!!
    That's an incredible achievement!

• Love
    Reactions: JW

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019
    Just had my Jones day interview! Don’t know if I’m overthinking it but they said ‘good luck with your other applications’ at the end and now I’m thinking does that mean a rejection 😂 Why would I need luck unless you’re going to reject me! The psychology of interviews is something else
    Anyone got any insight if this probably means I was unsuccessful? I thought the rest of it was good!

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Massive congratulations! Very well deserved!
    This is amazing, HUGE congrats!!!! Hope you're celebrating today!! ☺️
    OMG!!!!!!! SO SO SO Well deserved - Hope you are already celebrating <3

the office hug GIF by EditingAndLayout
    Amazing news! So, so happy for you :D

Omg thank you every single person for your congrats 😭 I keep trying to quote reply to them all but it keeps deleting them, either way, it means the world thank you all!!!!!! I really do value every single response and react ♥️ Honestly there is no way I could have secured even one vac scheme this year without the support of TCLA. I come from a non-law background (a subject as far away from law as possible LOL) and don't have many people I know that are on the same journey as me so even just having this community absolutely warms my heart and makes me so happy.

CONGRATS to all the rest of you with positive news today!!!!!!! ✨

Those of you that haven't, please please please do not feel bad. It sucks but your time will come and every bit of information you learn and every day that passes gets you close to getting that TC. I know how you feel as one year ago, I quite literally emailed the GR team at a firm to say "I am at the point where I finally want to give up on law despite trying so hard because I just don't know what else I can do" after a rejection. I am by no means an expert now but I am more than happy to have a chat with any of you about what I changed over the last year to secure my VSs!!!! ♥️

Last edited:

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Anyone got any insight if this probably means I was unsuccessful? I thought the rest of it was good!

I'm sure it doesn't mean much either way!!! Kind of thing you would say without thinking really, don't overthink. Hopefully they will get back soon.

Definitely would have been worse if they said "hope your applications go shit!" 🤣 Then you'd know they really didn't like you...

Ava B

Sep 14, 2020
    Hi

I just wondered if anyone else has had a problem with Gateley's Interactive Assessments today? The technical issue happened right before the VI section and I have not heard back from GR (emailed and phoned). Is it likely I will just have to do the VI or the whole assessment again? Or not get another go at all?

Thanks

• Sad
    Reactions: John Travoni
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.