2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuPnl

Star Member
Forum Winner
Feb 9, 2021
If that's the case, I have an AC with TV on the 25th. So it may be after that.
Did they add more dates?? I swear the last one was meant to be on the 17th

EDIT - Just checked and the AC dates that were available to pick from were :
- 16th feb
- 17th feb
- 23rd feb
- 25th feb
- 3rd march
- 4th march
- 9th march
- 10th march
- 16th march
- 17th march

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTam99

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
I am having a bit of trouble with the Reed Smith questions "Taking into account the firm's core values and drawing on any examples you have from your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?" Its clearly both a question probing my knowledge of the firm but also a scenario-based q? Im not sure how to cohesively approach this q
So when I did this question, I approached it as a strength based question- I stated whether I would feel confident enough or not and then justified why. I then gave an example which supported my point, which I used the STAR structure for. In terms of knowledge of the firm, I just looked up Reed Smith's core values and made sure my answer was addressing/ showing evidence of these values. Obviously this is not the only way to go about answering this question, this is just the structure I used!

Reactions: Dheepa and Matt_96

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Does anyone have any tips for a CV-based interview? I've had them before in the past but I really want to get this so was wondering if people had tips to help me stand out! Thanks in advance ❤️

• 🏆
    • 🤝
    Reactions: AH97 and collie_121

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Does anyone have any tips for a CV-based interview? I've had them before in the past but I really want to get this so was wondering if people had tips to help me stand out! Thanks in advance ❤️
    Answered a similar question on how to prepare for these here. In terms of how to stand out, I always think the best way to stand out in any interview (beyond just having impressing them with your experiences and answers) is to build rapport. I admit this can be a very difficult thing to do, but I've posted here about some small ways I tried to do this in my own interviews. Good luck for your interview! Fingers crossed for you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Know your CV inside out. Don’t repeat detail from your CV, think about presenting your answers with more depth, analysis and opinion rather than just repeating the factual information presented on your CV.

Also think about what isn’t on your CV. Maybe you didn’t include it as you didn’t think it was as relevant, but sometimes that additional detail shows you in much more of a multi dimensional light.

• Love
    Reactions: OB

zigzag84

Star Member
    Feb 4, 2021
    Just received my third post-AC rejection and I am just feeling very disappointed. Have a fourth AC coming up tomorrow and am finding it very hard to find the confidence/motivation to prepare for it. Feeling very demoralised.
    Don’t let it. Tomorrow is a fresh chance so give it your best shot. Remember it only
    Takes one firm to say yes 😊

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.