Status
Not open for further replies.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
V&E people- grad rec told me to email re the interview outcome if I haven't heard anything by 16th March. Has anyone done this yet??

G P

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
V&E people- grad rec told me to email re the interview outcome if I haven't heard anything by 16th March. Has anyone done this yet??
I had my interview on Thursday (I think that was the last day?) and all they said was that I would find out 'next week'. They didn't specify today, and they said to email if I haven't heard anything by the end of the week :)

Reactions: ofm and ibs97

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Slightly controversial point here, but I've seen this a lot where travelling, more so abroad than within the UK, is seen as for the wealthy/those with more disposable income and I don't think that's true. Yes, it's easier to travel when you have more money, but as someone from a less well-off background I've worked for every single trip abroad I've been to. It's possible, especially the number of opportunities available abroad, to work and live in a lot of countries especially with a UK passport, even for a summer. I don't know the firm in question, but I don't think it's a matter of talking about family holidays, but also how you grew and what you learnt. Travelling especially on minimum income is something that is absolutely possible and shouldn't be a deterrent on anyone who wants to. I expect the firm would look favourably upon people who have put in the effort to go abroad despite financial background, at least I would hope anyway.
It isn’t just a financial consideration for many - as I stressed earlier there is an opportunity cost and other considerations at play.

If you have no family commitments, upping sticks is a lot easier than if you have. If you are holding down a permanent job, giving that up to go work on another job abroad isn’t straight forward.

But even then, to many, the financial costs alone will be a barrier. Just the cost of relocating will stop many from considering even moving within a country, let alone outside of one.

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
I had my interview on Thursday (I think that was the last day?) and all they said was that I would find out 'next week'. They didn't specify today, and they said to email if I haven't heard anything by the end of the week :)
Ah ok!! Thats good to know :) I won't hold my breath for today then hahaha

Reactions: G P

Helpme12345

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020

Ooo I was told we would find out today at the latest but I had my interview a lot earlier. I think considering none of us have heard it may just take a bit of time. I’d only email if some people had definitely heard already.

Reactions: G P and 33c

ibs97

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2020
Ooo I was told we would find out today at the latest but I had my interview a lot earlier. I think considering none of us have heard it may just take a bit of time. I’d only email if some people had definitely heard already.
yees had my interview on the 22nd of feb and was told I should hear by today but it may be the case that their timeline has moved.

LawGrad2019

Distinguished Member
Feb 19, 2021
PFO from Taylor Wessing post AC, not feeling at all hopeful to get a TC this year (just two more interview/interview results) 😢
I've been there - specifically with a post-AC rejection from TW. It's really tough and hard not to take it personally.

If it helps, I have now realised that I wasn't brilliantly suited to TW. I was especially interested in their private wealth team - and although their team is really strong, it isn't all they do and I think they were looking for trainees who were very interested in tech and innovation as a priority. After taking stock, I applied to different firms this year with a completely fresh approach and have had some success.

Wishing you the best of luck. All of this will make the success later on that much sweeter!

TL;DR: it will work out in the end :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Adrian_Healey
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.