2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hz1997

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
To those who are still waiting post-app for Stephenson Harwood, I just had an interview and it seems like they're still going through applications so hopefully you'll hear back soon! :)
Hi. Firstly congrats. May I ask what you mean by positive news? Did you get an AC invite or get on the VS?
Just because I’m aware a number of people haven’t heard post-app still so I am a little confused. Thanks.
I got onto their
Hi. Firstly congrats. May I ask what you mean by positive news? Did you get an AC invite or get on the VS?
Just because I’m aware a number of people haven’t heard post-app still so I am a little confused. Thanks.

Oh sorry, should have been clearer. I got through to their two day virtual networking and assessment centre, which I understand is what they’re doing instead of a full vac scheme this year. This was after I completed a video interview at the end of Feb.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    I'm aware, however I don't think its productive to scare people with these news stories.
    Willkie Farr PR dept rn:

1615830968419.png

I'm being flippant here but, if this is true, it's absolutely appalling and should never have been allowed in the first place. I also think it's 100% worth people knowing about - I don't see it as 'scaring people', but actually allowing them to make a full and rounded judgement over whether or not they should consider applying or accepting offers there.

FM302989

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    Does anyone have any general tips about how to prepare for a written task as part of an AC? Thanks.
    Depends on what type of written task it is! If it's a case-study based written assessment, my case studies article is a great place to start - accessible via link in my signature :)
    Back up what Jacob's said above.

Read everything - the instructions, the context and any attachments - before you put 'pen to paper'

Check what you're being asked: is it an email of advice, is it a letter/letter before claim, is it a note to a colleague or client. The similarity between all of these will be write in as concise, plain English as possible. Short sentences, paragraphs, minimal legalese, sub-headings if appropriate

Back up claims with evidence in attachments

Relax! A history teacher of mine used to write ATFQ on my essays (Answer the F****** Question), funny guy. Best way of doing this is address any questions in opening lines of paragraphs, using wording for instance, and proof read after

Reactions: OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.