2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

relentlesspursuit

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
May 26, 2019
Willkie VS offer!!

Not to make one of those sappy posts, but I have had quite terrible luck for a few cycles. This was the first time I advanced past the application stage in quite some time and was my only real chance this cycle as well. While I still have to work hard to convert this to a TC, this shows that all you need is one offer.

Good luck to all those still waiting for good news and thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and support.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    After receiving my post-interview rejection for Withers and post-AS rejection for Taylor Wessing, I have also felt very dejected with no offers being left with 2 firms to go this cycle for which I am not left with much hope.

I am however filled with hope for the next cycle (and for the next round of applying to TCs) because of the information I have learnt from some kind people I have spoken to on the forum. I now have an idea on how to improve my applications to be more successful for next year, which is something that is keeping me motivated. We can all do this as long as we keep persevering!!!! 🥳 For anyone feeling like it is all too much, go for a walk, talk to a trusted friend (or order some fro-yo and binge watch KUWTK which helped me:D)

I love this. Thank you for spreading your positivity for everyone on here who needs it. 💓 (Might I recommend binge watching 90 Day Fiance - trash reality TV at its finest)

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    Willkie VS offer!!

Not to make one of those sappy posts, but I have had quite terrible luck for a few cycles. This was the first time I advanced past the application stage in quite some time and was my only real chance this cycle as well. While I still have to work hard to convert this to a TC, this shows that all you need is one offer.

Good luck to all those still waiting for good news and thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and support.
    I think I can speak for us all on here when I say my fingers are crossed for you to convert that VS into a TC!! but for now take a moment to be SUPER proud of yourself and soak it in! huge congrats!

C

Esteemed Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 7, 2019
    Hi, CRS for me. I was just wondering if there were separate applications for a VS and direct TC. I can’t remember but I think there was only one application for the both.
    I can't remember either, but I do know they've replaced their vac scheme with an AC for a TC. Many people have already done interviews with them so not extremely hopeful tbh

lawgeek_301

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 1, 2020
    Willkie VS offer!!

Congratulations! Do you know if they sent all offers at once? I still haven’t heard back and am wondering whether this means rejection

D

Deleted member 8599

Willkie VS offer!!

Did they call or email?

relentlesspursuit

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    May 26, 2019
    I think I can speak for us all on here when I say my fingers are crossed for you to convert that VS into a TC!! but for now take a moment to be SUPER proud of yourself and soak it in! huge congrats!
    Thank you so much! Its my birthday tomorrow so this couldn't have come at a better time. Two reasons to celebrate now haha

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 6
    Nov 9, 2020
    does anyone have knowledge about the Greensill Capital scandal? I’ve read a couple articles especially the recent one about Cameron lobbying to get finance for it from the treasury but feel quite out of my depth with it!

Reactions: Alison C and KS94
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.