2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Kate

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 26, 2020
dechert ac !! but they have just allocated the day for me (anyone else had this?) and do not have long till then. any advice would be so greatly appreciated please

Same here, they've given my 7th April - if anyone has any tips or advice that they'd be willing to PM me with i'd really appreciate it :)

FM302989

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    “Nonsense grad rec”

Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

In all seriousness, congratulations 🥳
    My guy, you're one of the good ones! :cool:

• Haha
    Reactions: Jessica Booker

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Today, I have received my first training contract offer (they could have chosen a day other than April Fools)

Man oh man, a tonne of weight is off my shoulders. No more applications, open days, competencies, nonsense grad rec, "when did you apply", weekends spent prepping
    Delighted to hear this, well done!

• Love
    Reactions: FM302989

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Out of curiosity, when doing vac schemes at law firms, do they provide you with extra allowance for lunch/dinner? I've heard some rumours about this!
    Most firms I know don’t provide this unless the placement is informal and unpaid (so not a vac scheme).

If a firm is providing it this year, it might be due to it being remote and then not putting social events on where they would normally be picking up the food bill.

I wouldn’t expect it. I’d just see it as a added bonus if you did get it occasionally.

Sam7051

• Feb 25, 2021
    Are there any graduates (law grad 2020) who didn't receive an email from Reed Smith withdrawing them? Did the people who get emailed graduate earlier, and are they waiting post-research questions? TIA x
    I haven't received any such email! Still waiting to hear back post-research questions

Reactions: OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is it safe to assume if a firm said they would get back to me by the end of this week it will be today since tomorrow is a BH?
    In most instances, yes. But all it takes is someone to be off sick and a deadline could be pushed back, so don’t get overly concerned if you haven’t heard back today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.